The Carolinian Inn
Red Carpet Inn(Wilmington)
Comfort Suites(Wilmington)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The guy was really nice when I checked in and the room was old but I didn't really mind that. There weren't any outlets (well there were but you couldn't unplug them unless you wanted to unplug the tv or move a big dresser from the wall). I thought everything was going ok until I went to use the bathroom around 6 am and I turned on the light and there were multiple cockroaches. And I just can't handle that. I think they're disgusting. So it's really not worth saving some money because you won't even be able to sleep. I'm not being dramatic. This is honestly the truth.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Objective-lady
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The mildew smell does take you back when you open the door. Fortunately for us it was winter so there weren't any bugs in the room. As for the décor the TV was a tube TV. I think that pretty much says it all. I will say I did get a story I will tell for years. The Ice machine was out so the front desk guy gave me a Styrofoam bowl of frozen water. That made the fact that I still haven't gotten the mildew smell out of my CPAP machine yet almost worth it.

In general sleep in your car if you have but to DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank parrib1
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

We had a nice room with king size bed in the back of the front building away from road , and was quite. Room was clean, everything worked except light by the mirror, we called the front office and they promptly replaced the light bulb , friendly staff, good location , will stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

Bugs on the beds and floors.no soap or telephones room smelled like gas and dirt.called supervisor (that barely spoke English) told him took pictures he said he don't believe in pictures just real!!!!told him to go inside the room himself before they shake the sheets off..he said no you come show me..wow really..

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank beentherednthat
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed two nights over Labor Day weekend 2013. The room itself was very clean. It was a bit outdated but, well worth the price. We booked through their direct website. We were to pay $128 (all inclusive with taxes), however, when we checked in we had to pay an additional $20+. Not too happy about that. The clerk told us that the "website was wrong". Our room was in the back, on the end, which was great. We had a window unit that took quite awhile to cool the room but, once it did it kept it that way. Also, when we first arrived, I found the bathroom window was open (no screen) and had allowed a few big bugs to get in. I wasn't thrilled about that but we killed them, shut the window and had no additional problems. The room has a refrigerator, which was great, but no microwave. The housekeeping lady came by pretty late our second day (after 3) and we had already came back from the beach so we didn't want to be bothered by her cleaning the room but she did give us some fresh towels and was very nice. Around 9pm on our last night, we went down a few door to the soda machine to grab some drinks. FYI, we tried different buttons and orange soda came out of all..lol When returning to the room, a 20 something year old asked if we wanted to buy some pot. We thanked him for the offer but said we weren't interested. He was friendly enough but not sure everyone would be ok with the offer.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family