Hampton Inn Wilmington-University Area/Smith Creek Station
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I arrived at this beautiful hotel pleasantly surprised to see that it was very nice and in a great location as well. Upon checking in after a long day of business travel, I realized I had left my company credit card in the previous city which was 2 hours away. The wonderful lady who was checking me in realized how stressed I was about the situation. She said this happens a lot more than you realize lets call the restaurant you left it at. She looked up the number, made the call and got a manager on the phone to confirm with me that my card was there. Then she called the Hampton Inn in next city I was traveling to and asked them when they received their Fed Ex shipments. She wrote down the number for both the restaurant and the other Hampton Inn and gave them to me so I could have my card shipped back to me in time for the next day. We figured out how to check me in and then I went up to my room. She saved the day with her kindness and going the extra mile. Later that night when I was going for dinner, she came around and said I hope you are feeling better and she gave me a hug. Even the next day she called to see if everything had gone as planned with me getting my card back. She was just amazing! It is rare to find customer service that goes above and beyond the customers expectation's. It was such a blessing to have someone offer exceptional service in what could have been an even worse situation! I will always stay here on my trips to Wilmington from now on.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Wilmington-University Area/Smith Creek Station

Reviewed 16 July 2013

I always use this hotel for my business travel because it's close to the office and quiet with many places to eat around it. The grounds are safe and the hotel is within walking distance to many fine places to eat.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2013

The stay at the Hampton Inn, Historic District was fantastic. The rooms were great, especially the beds, I had the best nights sleep in a long time, and my Daughter agrees. The breakfasts were great, couldn't ask for better. If you went away hungry it was your fault. The staff went out of there way to please, from the front desk to the staff who cleaned your room.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

This was not a good hotel stay at all. The accommodations were nice; however, there was noise going on in the hallway at all times of the day/night, and the front desk staff did not know what they were doing. They changed my reservation # and room price per night without my knowledge, and they charged the final balance to the wrong credit card! I am still working with them now to get my refund back! I would not recommend staying here unless it's a quick night in and out the next day!

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Stay was wonderful and accomodations great!! Checkin Desk Staff was very helpful!! Provided recommendations for dinner at local seafood restaurants and provided a discount coupon! Room was clean and comfortable but the layout for the breakfast could have been done better. There were too many items in one cross over area and this lead to bumping into other diners.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Stayed here for a night on 7/6 as we travelled down the coast. It was easy to find. Check in was great. The person that helped us was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. She gave us great recommendations for dinner, directions to sites and routes to avoid. The room was clean and well maintained. The only odd thing was that it did not have a refrigerator or microwave. I have never been to a Hampton Inn that did not have those appliances. The TV was new and large, the A/C worked well and was quiet. The clock was easy to read and the lights all worked. The bathroom was clean and well stocked. We went to the pool but it was packed with many small, rowdy kids and we opted for some quiet time elsewhere.

My only complaint came with breakfast the next morning. We like to sleep in and so we went downstairs around 9:45am, knowing that breakfast would be over at 10:00am. Unfortunately, the eggs were gone and when I asked if more were coming, the lady working the dining room said they were done and i should have known better to get there so late on a busy weekend. I wouldn't expect eggs after 10am but until then, everything should be made available. I stay at Hampton Inns consistently enough to know the routine and the food is always replenished until 10. Anyway, no a big deal or anything but I did have to go without my eggs. Otherwise, my stay was great and the staff at the front desk were great with directions and recommendations for restaurants and beaches. Would stay here again for sure.

1  Thank Jim P
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I purchased the Romance Package and everything was perfect! The room was pleasant, my wife was surprised by the roses and champagne. The staff was very knowledgeable and pleasant! A first class hotel experience! I will definitely come back!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Travellers also viewed these Wilmington hotels
SpringHill Suites Wilmington Mayfaire
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire
Wingate by Wyndham Wilmington
Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center
Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Wilmington-University Area/Smith Creek Station? Share your experiences!