Hampton Inn Wilmington-University Area/Smith Creek Station
Ranked #3 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
lexington, United States
“Nice Place to stay”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Hotel seems newer and didnt have any issues during my stay. Location is easy to access and close to downtown. Typical hot breakfast. Room was clean and stocked. Tytpical expectation of a quality Hampton Inn. Cookies were good as well.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Greer, South Carolina
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice and both times the staff have been very friendly. The rooms are typical hampton inn - not extravagant, but nice and always clean. The second time I stayed I left my comfort foam pillow I use to help control pain thanks to a bad neck. I was really upset when I got home and realized I had left it in my room. My wife recommended I call them and ask if anyone turned it in... but seriously.... since when does anything left in a hotel room actually get turned in.... Imagine my surprise when a couple of days later the hotel called ME!! Someone had turned the pillow in and they tracked me down to find out if it was mine! They even shipped it back to me for a very reasonable $15! They have won my business everytime I'm in Wilmington!

Chapel Hill, United States
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This Hampton offered our group a low rate for a mid-week stay because we are an organization that supports the community. We were all very pleased to stay in such a fine hotel and be treated so well by attentive and friendly hotel staff members. Even if I'd paid full price, I would have been happy to stay there.

Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This is another high quality, well maintained, clean Hampton Inn.

I had a nice spacious room on an upper floor, and heard no traffic or other noise what so ever.
My room was well appointed with a flat screen TV, microwave, and a refrigerator. Two drawbacks on the "working desk", First you cannot watch TV and work at the desk at the same time, as the TV is to your back. Second the adjustable chair did not adjust, I even turned it over in an attempt to free it but to no avail. As is typical they are all set too low anyway.
You can solve the TV viewing situation by moving the chair to the end of the table, and you can then see the TV off to your right.
This is one of only two Hampton Inn's I have found that has a complimentary manager’s reception for guests. They served beer and wine plus appetizers from 5 to 7 PM., a nice touch that is appreciated.
Several restaurants across the parking lot from the hotel offer steak, pizza, wings, and a Japanese Steak House.
The morning breakfast was consistant with other Hampton Inn's offering.
Overall a fine place to stay, and I would stay here again.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We recently had a training session in the Wilmington Area. Since I work for the state of NC I am always skeptical when I hear about a hotel that has agreed to accommodate the group for state per diem during prime season. WOW was I wrong. As I entered the door the smell of chocolate chip cookies greeted my nose just before the friendly desk staff welcomed me. Fantastic location. The bed was perfect and I am quite fussy about a firm mattress. Very quiet. There is a reception every Tuesday and Thursday with appetizers, wine, and beer. Josh and Katheryn provided delightful conversation and a very warm friendly environment. We were fortunate enough to meet Jen, sales manager, who worked with our group to secure the deal for our stay. The entire staff was delightful, smiling and helpful any time we had any questions Breakfast was diverse, and allowed low carbohydrate meal if desired. Again the staff was most helpful. Great experience.

1 Thank sue b
Northern Virginia
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Patti at the front desk reached out to me because I was running late to make sure I was okay and would be coming to the hotel. It is hard to find anyone with this level of consideration for a guest. At Sheraton they give your room away, and call you to give you the bad news. At this Hampton Inn, Patti calls you to make sure you are fine and tells you she has a room waiting for you. What a difference.
Rooms are clean and since the hotel is off the main drag, noise levels are at a minimal. A lot of people have discovered this hotel so expect the parking lot to be full when you arrive late. I will be staying here whenever I come to Wilmington.

Room Tip: Since this hotel is off the main highways there is no outside noise issues. All rooms should be equa...
1 Thank Snailkite
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Great Stay at the Hampton Inn. Nice rooms. Nice facility. Close to shopping and great restaurants! Not far from the Beach! Fantastic stay. Will be back again soon! Even went to the Home Depot next door. Wrightsville Beach is a short drive away!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travellers also viewed these Wilmington hotels
SpringHill Suites Wilmington Mayfaire
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Wingate by Wyndham Wilmington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Staybridge Suites Wilmington East

Been to Hampton Inn Wilmington-University Area/Smith Creek Station? Share your experiences!