“I Wish We Stayed Longer!”

Hampton Inn Wilmington-University Area/Smith Creek Station
Ranked #3 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Franklin, Massachusetts, United States
“I Wish We Stayed Longer!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This hotel was perfect! The staff was so nice, really professional, and would take the opportunity to greet guests as soon as they saw someone. We only stayed for one night, but the area was fantastic. We visited the little shops and restaurants near the coast and watched the sun set (very beautiful!). The room was very clean and the breakfast was good. I would most definitely go back, and I hope to soon!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Laura U, Manager at Hampton Inn Wilmington-University Area/Smith Creek Station, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Your comments are so sweet! We wish you could have stayed longer too! Thank you for writing this review on your wonderful experience. I hope you can come visit again soon for an extended stay. The staff will be working to keep the property as welcoming and as clean as it was for you on your past stay. Hope to see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Loveland, Ohio
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed one night while in town to visit UNC Wilmington. I've stayed at dozens of Hamptons all over the country and this one measured up to the standards I've come to expect in every respect. We booked 2 rooms, both were exceptionally clean and very comfortable - micro's and frig's included. The only thing I wished they had was an outdoor pool. The location is great - very close to campus and equidistant to downtown and Wrightsville Beach (only a few minutes straight down the road). Lots of good restaurants nearby - we try to find local places - Blue Surf Cafe (casual lunch, menu made from scratch, great burgers) and Sweet n Savory Cafe (dinner OUTSTANDING and very moderately priced) were both close by.
But what prompts me to write the review is the service and attentiveness shown by the staff. They greeted us everytime we came or went and asked us how we were doing. Everyone was so friendly. Finally, one of our party left an item behind and they called to let us know and how to ship it out to us at their cost. Not many places show this level of service. What a great experience that was!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
We love the location of our hotel, and are so glad you do too! I'm sorry to hear that our staff somehow did not communicate that we actually do have a pool on property, but I'm happy to know that we were able to get your forgotten item back to you. We are always striving to make a difference for each guest and hope we can "wow" you again in the near future. Thanks for staying with us!
Hope Mills
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The hotel was lovely and the breakfast is the best I have had in any hotel chain. Our room was clean, the only complaint was the bedding. The mattress seemed too big for the box spring and the head was lower than the feet. I also prefer full size pillows not those decorative size pillows. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Thank you for complimenting our breakfast and facilities. Since you did have an uncommon issue with the bedding, I will have our maintenance team inspect the room to ensure this does not happen for guests in the future. Thank you so much for sharing your complaint. We are always looking to resolve any issues guests may have during their stay so that future expectations can be exceeded. We hope to see you again soon!
Reidsville
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The king size bed was amazing because of the comfort. I wish that I could've brought it home with me! The staff was very pleasant and greeted us each day of our stay, which makes you feel welcomed. The pool was very inviting also. The hot breakfast bar was awesome! And the fact that Buffalo Wild Wings and a Texas Steakhouse are in walking distance was a nice convenience, as well.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I'm so glad you found your stay to be so pleasing. I agree that our Front Desk Staff does a great job of making guests feel invited by showcasing their top-notch "Hamptonality." Our high standards for cleanliness, hospitality, and delicious breakfast is what makes Hampton hotels so loved. I'm happy you feel the same way. I can't wait to see you next time!
Kent, United States
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The staff is very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The check in and out were very efficient. The rooms are very nice, clean and comfortable. We would certainly consider staying at this hotel again in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are always very appreciative of any feedback, and glad to hear your superb comments. Thank you for your business! Our team works extremely hard to be hospitable and efficient so our guests can get to what really matters- especially when they are here to spend time with family. We will see you next time you are in Wilmington. Thanks again!
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I have lived and traveled all over the world and stayed in some of the most expensive hotels and some not. I expect cleanliness, security, working items. The location was excellent, better than we expected. I loved the pillows and sheet quality.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. It brings me pride to know that we have exceeded the expectations of someone so well traveled as you. Thank you for staying with us, but for especially taking the time to write this review. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area!
Sierra Vista, United States
Reviewed 26 June 2014

All was excellent at this hotel. It appeared to be a new hotel that just opened. All of the facilities were new. Beds were awesome, room smelled clean, room was very clean. Bathroom was shinny!Complimentary food was warm everymorning and ready when they said it would be. Even earlier the morning we left to the airport, we were able to eat a little bit earlier from the staff. Thanks Hampton Inn for a very nice stay and my handicapped mother loved the spacious room and looks of the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Wow! What amazing compliments! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review for us. In fact, we are about to celebrate our 6th anniversary. Our staff takes such pride in taking care of our building, rooms, and facilities. We do our best to be as clean and inviting as we were on opening day. Our breakfast staff does their very best to ensure that everyone gets fed. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!