“Just Fine”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Asian food critics are quite vocal. Can't really understand why since few have been to Asia. I haven't been either so guess I'm rating America-Sino food. Whatever one calls it I'm thinking this place does a very good job. On any given night there may be a miss but we haven't experienced it.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We gave this place a try for take out after reading the many good reviews.
We ordered a shrimp and a sea scallop entree along with two spring rolls for a total of $43.- (not to shabby for Chinese take out!) after arriving at home we noticed that the sea scallops we paid for were actually bay scallops (which have a lower cost price than sea scallops), makes me question the integrity of this place.....

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Double Happiness is one of the few authentically Chinese restaurants in town and I am thrilled to see a restaurant thriving in what was formerly a very "cursed" restaurant location. One of the most distinctive characteristics of DH is that they serve a variant of Chinese food that is heavily influenced by Indo-Malay cuisine. Beef Rendang: Oh my god. If it is on the menu you have got to order it because it is like nothing you have ever tasted. Their curry chicken is also very distinctive but do be careful with the level of spice. My eyes started watering profusely after eating it so they brought me Hong-Kong Milk Tea and sponge cake to take away the burn- so sweet. Very friendly owners, great servers, and lovely atmosphere. I always wanted to try the dim sum here but never got around to it. Also, very good tea selection. My first love will always be Schezuan 132, but since this is a different variant of Chinese cuisine I don't feel like I'm being disloyal.

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I am so thankful some friends introduced us to Double Happiness. Great food and superb service! Every trip to Wilmington this is a go to and must do for dinner!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I was only here to grab some takeout but I was quite impressed. The restaurant is in an odd location (though just off US 117/College Ave) with a tiny parking lot but the space seemed nice. Food was delicious and the service was quite good. We had to wait a while for our order but they gave us free edamame and kept offering us drinks so no complaints here. I'd happily go back.