“Great view and location but could use some sprucing up.”

Hilton Wilmington Riverside
Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was a great location; walkable to everything in the historic area. We had a riverview, which was quite nice. The carpet didn't seem as clean as it could have been, and overall the decor is starting to look a little tired and dated. Aside from the carpet, the rest of the room was clean. Hotel staff was friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hilton Wilmington Riverside

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have stayed at this Hotel many times but our most recent visit was very disappointing. The overall appearance of the hotel has deteriorated. It needs a major renovation. The room was not clean and the bathroom tile was coming up in the shower. I admit the view from our room was great and you can't beat the location. But they just need to step it up a bit.

Room Tip: Waterfront rooms are worth the extra few dollars charged.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton over the Fourth of July weekend. This was probably our 4th stay at this hotel overall. The staff is pleasant and efficient. Rooms are always clean. However is getting tired and old. They once had a monopoly with their downtown location but with a courtyard by Marriott opening earlier this year and a best western just steps away that is no longer true. They recently upgraded their pool area and added a Riverside deck to their banquet area. They offered guests a chance to attend the fireworks viewing party on their newly constructed deck. I'd appeared to be reasonably priced. We always enjoy our stay. No fridge in the room, it seems that this is a trend at Hilton hotels lately.
The Hilton brand is what keeps us returning to this hotel and we'll be back in September.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
WilmingtonHiltonGM, General Manager at Hilton Wilmington Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for the great review and we look forward to welcoming you back in September!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I usually find myself staying in a Hilton hotel as it's my comfort zone. I arrived and checked in. They have valet or self parking, I believe both cost. I received a voucher for breakfast, which wasn't bad at all. My room was updated with a very beautiful view. I had the view of the river as well as the battleship. The location of the hotel itself is great! A lot of sights and history to see along with eating at some great restaurants. I didn't visit those during this stay, I say this from my experience of living in the area during my "younger" days. Back to the hotel - it's clean and has a very friendly staff. The elevators worked. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2014

You will not be dissappointed in staying here. The rooms were comfortable and the ammenities were great. It was a pleasant, relaxing, four night business stay. I plan on returning with my family next year and extend our stay past just business.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 26 July 2014

stayed for 3 nights recently here and this hotel is in a great location on the water. It is in good shape but the room maintenance is lacking. The room was a nice size, bed was comfortable. The AC sounded like a jet engine roar when the fan was blowing.
Other members of my group had the same opinion of their rooms as well. It is not rundown but for the $$, it should be in top condition.

another negative is the food that we were served, by all accounts it was poor. we had breakfast and snack service and lunch on a few days. Our peanut snack had ants in it, the food temp was cool and the taste was bland. pool was closed for some unknown reason a day or two.

If you can overlook some of these minor issues, by all means stay here. Close to everything

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rontours
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This hotel seems very good but it looks they had a very bad week the week I stayed in.
Hotel is clean, nice view if you stay in a room facing the river (you see the battleship and sunsets are awesome). Rooms are "average" for the price. Location wise is incredible, many restaurants and tourist attraction are at walking distance. The bad about my trip was that they had a water outage and also the air conditioning in the tower I was staying went down. This is someting that can happen to any hotel and I can't judge it by this fact. On the other hand management was very nice and took care of their guests (gave free breakfast day after). They also gave a free dinner. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Willmington. I would go back to this hotel for vacation!

Room Tip: Stay on a room with river view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business