“Great location, Friendly Staff!”

Hilton Wilmington Riverside
Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 3 March 2011

Enjoyed my stay at the Hilton! The location was simply awesome with the Battleship North Carolina right across the waterway, Cape Fear Museum, Railroad Museum and lots of great history! The Cotton Exchange is right across the street and offers lots of Stores to shop at and Restaurants. Shuttle to and from the airport was swift and the driver was friendly. Check in was smooth and the front desk agent made me feel welcome. The lobby was clean and felt good. Has a Starbucks Coffee Shop that I visited many times during my stay and the coffee was delicious! My room was comfortable. Internet worked well during my whole stay. Bathroom was bright and the towels were so thick I couldn't wait to use them! TV reception good. I really liked the work desk and chair. The fitness room was one of the best I have seen yet. And I enjoyed using it every night. They have two restaurants in the hotel. Had dinner one night at Ruth's Chris Steak House. The service was simply outstanding and I want to be sure I mention Gray - my server - who made me feel so comfortable and special that I almost didn't want to leave. The prices were a bit over budget but I must say it was worth every single penny as it was the BEST MEAL the I have ever had. I enjoyed all of the staff that I had the chance to speak with. I want to be sure to mention Liz who had a smile on her face every time I saw her and she always took a minute to chat with me. Even the Maintenance fellows gave me a smile and said hello. I was impressed! Thank you Hilton Wilmington Riverside for a great experience! You guys did a great job!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
WilmingtonHiltonGirl, Director of Sales at Hilton Wilmington Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2011

Thank you for the wonderful review! We love the pictures you took as well. I will forward your positive comments to Liz and the other staff. It is always rewarding for them when they are recognized for their customer service skills. Thank you again, and we hope to host you on your next visit!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,459)

Reviewed 3 March 2011

This property was fabulous....Was there for a conference and the front desk was extremely friendly and any hotel staff you met in the hallways was also very friendly. The view from my corner room, closest to the battleship was incredible.....It was awesome to open the windows and the ship be right there outside your window. I could have just sat in the room by the windows and read or been on the computer all day. The beds were very comfy....

It was very clean---being in the hotel business myself I have a routine I do when checking into a hotel (to make sure I'm going to stay there) and of course it passed with flying colors. It was very close to places to shop and eat and was ideally located.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
WilmingtonHiltonGirl, Director of Sales at Hilton Wilmington Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2011

Thank you for your positive response! The view of the river is unbelievable and it is always wonderful to be reminded of what a great location we truly have. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 1 March 2011

The front desk is always busy. The dreaded elevators are always busy. The location of this hotel is perfect. It is in walking distance to everything. Great workout facility.

• Stayed: February 2011

I am thrilled that you enjoyed our workout room! We completely renovated that facility and furnished it with state of the art Precor Fitness equipment. We are always glad to hear when our guests are enjoying it! That is just one of the many wonderful amenities we offer! We look forward to your returning soon!

Reviewed 15 February 2011

We tried to reserve a room with a queen or king size bed, and were told that they could not guarantee the request - Instead when we checked in we were told that the only rooms available were rooms with two full-size beds. The room was small by most hotel standards and was crowded with the furnishings. The bathroom was filthy and my wife had to clean the bath tub prior to using it for the first time. The trash can in the bathroom appeared not to have been cleaned in quite some time. The carpeting throughout the room was soiled and badly in need of a thorough cleaning. The in-house restaurants' service was abysmal, and the employee's rude and unprofessional. The only good experience we had was with the breakfast buffet and the employees attending to the service the following morning, which was located on the ground floor level. In short, not worth the money we spent on what was suppose to be a romantic week-end. We opted to return home early.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank towerwalker
WilmingtonHiltonGirl, Director of Sales at Hilton Wilmington Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2011

Thank you for your recent stay. Your experience is not typical of our property. We appreciate the feedback so that we can improve. We continuously strive to be the best in Wilmington. If we should fall short, we appreciate when guests bring it to our attention.

We would love to have you back, I hope you will give us that opportunity. In the interim, I will forward your comments to the proper staff to address.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 14 January 2011

First let me say that I adore this hotel. From the convenient downtown location to the spectacular river views -- I always enjoy my stays here. That said, I would just like to note a few minor issues experienced during my Dec 2010 stay. Being a current resident of Los Angeles, I'm extremely dismayed to see NC hotels beginning to embrace the west coast practice of hiring housekeeping staff who possess little to no English skills. I shouldn't have to play charades every time I wish to communicate with a hotel's staff. It's bad enough I have to put up with it here. Just a very disheartening trend to witness in my home state. As for the other issues with the room itself -- we experienced a problem with the hot water -- as in we had way too much of it. In fact, we couldn't get any cold water to come out of either our shower head or the sink. At best, we got warm to downright scalding hot water. The toilet water actually had steam coming off of it. My companion also observed a few long black hairs left on the shower wall in addition to the clean towels hanging on the rack. We also experienced a clogged toilet -- though I'm going to chalk that one up to my companion's inexperience with low flow toilets. Not sure how "green" these low flows really are in the long run when you end up flushing 3 times as much but I guess we can all thank Al Gore for that -- but I digress. As usual, the beds were extremely comfortable and the room was otherwise neat as a pin. WiFi service was adequate though the cable TV reception on some channels was downright horrible. The common areas of the hotel were very clean and well maintained. Before checking out, we made sure to report the water problem to your maintenance staff so they could have a look before assigning the room to another guest. Thankfully, the maintenance guy spoke perfect English. The front desk and lobby staff were very courteous as always. One last "complaint", which I'm sure you've heard numerous times before, is the issue of your $9/day parking fee. I just find it paltry to gouge your guests with yet another charge, simply for the privilege of parking on your own property. Your neighbors, Best Western, have almost the same size lot and yet they have no such charge. We hope to be visiting with your hotel again this summer -- possibly during the July 4th celebration on the Riverwalk.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends

Thank you for your recent stay at our property. Your feedback on the room is much appreciated and will be communicated to the proper departments to make the next guest's stay that much better.

We do charge for parking because it is the best way to ensure parking for our overnight guests. We did go a time without charging-We had guests (2) blocks away. Parking is at a premium downtown, and it is important to keep the limited spots we have for our patrons. We are competitive with our rates and have found that charging a minimal fee is the best solution.

We look forward to your return, hopefully on the 4th! Thank you again!

Reviewed 20 December 2010

My wife and I stay here each trip to Wilmington. This trip was to celebrate our anniversary and do some Christmas shopping. We stayed in room 843. Great view of the river and USS North Carolina Battleship. The room was very clean and comfortable. Maid service was perfect. We had a couple small issues that were handles very fast. (light-bulb, clock). The only issue I had was the sound of the doors closing late at night was a bit loud. I only heard it one night and it wasn't a very big deal.

This hotel is the perfect location to visit downtown. We enjoyed browsing through the shops and strolling the streets.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
WilmingtonHiltonGirl, Director of Sales at Hilton Wilmington Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2010

Happy Anniversary To You! I am so glad we were able to be part of your special day! We appreciate the positive comments and look forward to hosting you again soon!

Have a Safe & Happy Holiday Season!

Reviewed 6 December 2010

Just stayed last weekend (two nights) for a soccer tournament. Hotel location is just perfect. Close walking distance to the restaurants & shops and amazing view from our 9th floor room. Staff are very friendly and accommodating. If I had to list any minor gripes, I'd say the hotel restaurant could use some help. While the serving staff was excellent, the breakfast buffet food was lukewarm at best and the food itself a little bland. Hotel entrance and lobby look good but the hallways look a little dated and could use a refresher. Minor gripes as I said! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review and feedback.
I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate staff and we will use them only to make us better! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Have a Safe & Happy Holiday Season!