Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 24 April 2012 via mobile

I was traveling to visit my daughter... I was so tired and Sarah helped me so much. I wanted first floor and she made sure I had that. The room was soo clean and nice. I wanted to stay an extra night but times are so hard. So I came back to the hotel to get directions to I40 Sarah printed directions for me. When I expressed that I wished to stay an extra night but not at the regular rate. Sarah brought me an extra coupon that she keeps for people in emergencies and offered it to me. I was so relieved because I was still exhausted from stress that I cried a little. I'm embarrassed now but she was so nice and caring and that's hard to come by these days. I will stay here every time I visit Wilmington Nc

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank smilingfromeartoear

Reviewed 14 April 2012

On a recent visit to Wilmington, stayed in a king suite here-- very nice! Quiet, clean and contemporary decor plus a very comfy bed. We had a bedroom with a king bed and large flat screen, a nice sitting area with sleeper, chair, coffee table, desk and chair, ipod docking station plus speakers, and another large flat screen, microwave, minifridge and coffee maker plus a spacious bathroom. All for a very reasonable price. Good complimentary breakfast too. Only complaint is that you have to drive a little to shopping, restaurants and beach but this was not a dealbreaker to us.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We felt this hotel did not live up to its price... thin old towels which were skimpy and only 3 for two people ...most hotels give four. pool was clean and rooms were clean...walls thin. Convenient location.

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank bbabo
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Stayed here with a friend in early March, thankfully it was only 3 nights. Check in was good staff member was friendly and informative. Upon arriving to our room I noticed that the bed linens has a few stains, however the room appeared to be clean enough so we stayed and just removed the sheet with the mark. Following morning I found that my linens had a stain as well plaecd the card on the beds to have the sheets changed. Housekeeping remade both beds with the same linen. Not happy about that at all but we weren't there for the room so we didn't make an issue of it. We got a different housekeeper the following day who actually followed through with our request and made the bed with fresh linens. Shower curtain looked like it needed a good wash as well, looks like they may need to change detergent or get rid of marked linens.

Floors were being cleaned while we were there, our room was not equipped with a do not disturb sign so we were awoken two mornings to be asked if we wanted our floors cleaned. Why not wait until guest have checked out to do this?

Breakfast was good, with a decent selection. However staff in general was not very friendly.

There are far better hotels with friendlier staff to stay, with the same price range and location. Go elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank GlamorousWanderer
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I recently returned from a trip to Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach. My boyfriend and I stayed three nights at the Fairfield Inn. We were able to get a very good price for the stay and it looked decently nice online so we decided to give this hotel a try. We also called ahead to see if they had any standard suites available, and we were given one for no extra price. It had a little sitting area with a second TV and a desk, and it was nice to have the extra space.

My immediate impression was that, while the hotel is on a busy road, it is set back so that you can't hear the traffic. Being on this main road, though, has its advantages, as it is just about exactly midway between Wrightsville Beach and downtown Wilmington. Upon arriving at the hotel, the lobby was nice (they have unlimited tea, coffee, hot chocolate, and water, as well as two computers). We checked in and, upon arriving to our room, it smelled of cigarette smoke. It also was very dark because the window was blocked by the roof for the carport (room 218). We requested a switch to another room, which was easily done.

Otherwise, the stay was just fine, although not exemplary. While the bed was comfortable, the sofa was not really. The TV channel listing said a number of channels that actually weren't offered. There was no wireless internet, though there is a cable for free internet in the room. It generally worked fine, though was pretty slow on a crowded night. The continental breakfast was pretty standard and nothing to rave about (although the coffee, I thought, was quite good). We did ask the front desk for two things that they were not able to offer, which was too bad: a DVD player and a corkscrew. Both times, the explanation for why they didn't have it for us was that people had used them before but had never returned them. It seems that if you had a checkout system for these things and, if they didn't get returned you would be charged, then maybe they wouldn't disappear.

All in all, it was a fine stay and a good value.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade for a suite before arriving or upon arrival.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cackalacktraveller
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This Fairfield Inn is very clean, the decor is modern, the staff friendly and helpful. We did not visit for vacationing purposes but it is not AT the beach. You would definitely have to drive a distance to get to the beach but there are restaurants and shopping nearby. Overall great Hotel and definitely up to Marriott standards.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank pagirl444
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Hotel was clean and the staff was great!!! I will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: February 2012