“Great experience”

Ranked #16 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Great experience”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We had a great experience with our soccer team's overnight at this hotel. Katie was extremely helpful in finding comfortable accommodations for the team and their families. Everyone slept comfortably. With breakfast provided and a great central location, the team was fueled up and even had time for a quick trip to the beach before the game.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Will L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review our hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you had a great experience and look forward to hosting your team again in the future. Katie is an exceptional member of our team and I will certainly pass on the praise. Thank you again and please don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything in the future!
Will Lear, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This hotel is much newer then most of the hotels in Wilmington. Its clean, quiet, and modern. The beds are comfortable and the staff is friendly. Daniel at the Front Desk was extremely helpful with dinner choices. All in all a great stay. BTW- The only reason I rated it a 4, is that if I want to have a fridge in my room, I do have to get a suite and not a room. Hoping they change this sometime soon.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Brad,
Thank you for taking a moment to tell us about your recent experience. We are very happy to hear that you had such a great time. Daniel does a great job for us at the front desk and I will certainly pass this along to him. We hope that you will be able to visit us again in the near future!
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I was here for one night on Labor Day. Everyone seems friendly, but nothing over the top. The room was nice aside from the blow dryer being in the closet..? I found that a little odd. Breakfast was nice too, favorite part is the microwaveable sandwiches! The staff was generally nice although a few times some of the staff members were discussing situations that guests shouldn't have to hear aloud (complaining about other employees..) Other than that, it was nice.

1 Thank Lynn S
Lynn,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience with us! One of the best features of our hotel is the perfect location between downtown Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach. Both have such great things to offer and we love to hear when guests are able to experience both. I appreciate you bringing the issues that you mentioned to our attention. These are certainly valid concerns that will be addressed. Thanks again and we hope that you will visit us again soon. Please don't hesitate to call if I can be of any assistance in the future!
High Point, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My Wife and I stayed at this facility during the Labor Day Weekend. We were warmly welcomed by Daniel at the front desk upon arrival. He was courteous, professional, and humorous. After a long ride it was nice to see a place that had a feel of home. Our room was very clean and decorated with a modern decor. The bed was the most comfortable one my wife and I slept on in any place of lodging. One thing that I liked in the room was it had a thermostat to control the AC. In most places it just continuously runs and you freeze,or to warm never comfortable, but it was just another example of making it feel like home to me. The breakfast was good, one day eggs and sausage, the next day eggs and bacon, the next day biscuits and gravy, however the coffee is the only low point of the stay. Not to good! The staff was warm and friendly and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed to make our stay memorable. It was close to the beach and plenty of dining areas.One thing that I commend the management team on is that they hired people with disability's. The housekeeper on our floor was hearing impaired but seemed very dedicated to doing her job there. Not many employers would have given her a chance, but I am glad to see they did. Thank You for everything and we will see you next time we are in town.

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We spent three nights over Labor Day weekend at the hotel. I thought $119 per night price was very good, considering it was a summer holiday weekend and the hotel was within a few miles of the beach. The hotel was clean and the room suitable, but the beds were awful. Both beds in our room had craters in them from wear which made them uncomfortable. The breakfast was the typical hotel lobby fare (nothing special) and our card keys would not work on any of the side doors to the hotel.

2 Thank SheddVA
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Convenient, close to beach, cheap. Good breakfast. Lackluster service at best. Pool with outdoor areas to sun bathe. Gift shop. Five miles away from the beach and other local attractions. Comfortable king sides beds with plus pillows and located right off main drag and easy to find.

• Stayed September 2013
Lowell, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I was concerned about the quality of the Fairfield Inn & Suites (Wilmington, NC) because it was within traveling distance of the beach. I stayed the last week of July 2013 and found no problems or issues what would cause me not to return.

The staff was very friendly and helpful throughout my stay. My room was a king, with a pull out couch (I didn't need the pull out option) and the room had some room to stretch out. It was a comforting place to relax after work. I used the fitness facilities and there were two tread mills and one elliptical machine in room. There was also a working TV for the dedicated long-distance tread mill user.

The breakfast was adequate and no complaints from me. All four mornings, there were scrambled eggs and a meat (day 1 sausage, day 2 bacon, day 3 ham, day 4 bacon). There were plenty of fresh fruits, fruit cups, milk, oat meal, waffles, etc. Oh yeah, don't forget the coffee - plenty of coffee! The morning staff was very friendly and welcoming. Also, you could pick up USA Today or the Wall Street Journal to read.

My room was clean and the HVAC worked very well. I would recommend to others, depending on your needs or season, the HVAC control can be set for FAN always ON or FAN/Automatic (that's means the fan just runs when the unit is heating or cooling). The mattress was a little too soft and maybe getting to the end of it's life cycle. However, that wasn't a major problem and I still slept very well.

I stayed on the 3rd floor and the elevators were always in service with no odd noises. There always seemed to be a staff member visible ensuring the building was constantly being maintained.

I appreciated using the Fairfield Inn for this particular business trip and I would gladly use them again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Steven J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Greetings,

Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to meeting you in person on your next visit.

Steve