“Great Staff, Wonderful Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington
Ranked #14 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Raleigh
“Great Staff, Wonderful Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

I travel to Wilmington, NC every month. When I cannot book a room here I am disappointed. These guys are great. I care very little for the other hotels in the area. The staff really takes care of me like family. It is located out of the traffic area of Market Street. I feel safe and secure here.
I love the the King or Queen rooms. The morning breakfast is hot and good. I can't wait to stay there next month. This hotel is AAA Excellent!

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gina G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Thank you so much for your excellent review! We appreciate you taking the time to rate us. I am thrilled to see how much you enjoy staying with us! I will be sure to share your kind words with our employees. On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for choosing to stay at the Country Inn & Suites, we hope to see you the next time you are back in Wilmington!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Mooresville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

Greeted warmly upon arrival, check-in was fast. I was given a room on the 2nd floor away from the stairs & elevator. Room was super clean & in excellent shape. Wifi was fast and easy to access. Hotel was in a location very convenient to my needs while in Wilmington. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Amy - Thank you for your kind words! We truly appreciate you taking the time to rate us and we are so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. On behalf of the entire staff I thank you for your business. We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you back!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

This hotel was very clean,attractive lobby and rooms were spacious and well appointed.The breakfast in the lobby area was great...lots of selections ranging from homemade waffles,eggs,sausage,grits,etc to lighter fare such as fruit,assorted yogurts and cereals.Great value for families.Beautiful pool and jacuzzi area after a long day of traveling!
The downside is the location..difficult to find even with a current GPS system! Also we arrived late and very hungry from our travels and were unable to get anything to eat ( which might explain why we were so impressed with their breakfast selections!) . The front desk person was not very helpful nor welcoming and seemed more concerned with returning to his cell phone conversation.However,the staff in the breakfast area were terrific! Friendly and very efficient making sure the breakfast items were constantly refilled.
Overall,the accommodations were great and the place was spotless! I would return to this chain again .

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Gina G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Thank you so much for taking your time to write us a review! We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and were also able to take advantage of our fresh hot breakfast and indoor pool! I have to admit that I am puzzled by your experience with our front desk agent, I truly believe that we have some of the most hospitable employees in Wilmington. I will share your experience with our front desk employees at our next employee meeting to ensure you receive only the best service next time. I hope when your travels bring you back to Wilmington that we see you again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

Our stay at the Country Inn and Suites began with a late minute change the night before to our reservation, communicated through the front desk. Upon arrival, there was a miscommunication of that change that, handled differently, might have spoiled an otherwise pleasant trip. No worry. Tod, the MOD and gentleman I spoke with about said change, seemed on a personal mission to have my wife and I leave his hotel satisfied. He explained the situation, then proceeded to vary our reservation in a way as to accommodate the rest of our stay. He seemed genuinely concerned over our comfort, and I really could not give higher marks over the handling of our stay. Even though there was no error on behalf of the hotel necessarily, our satisfaction was a priority.

As for the room itself, couldn't be happier. Large, comfortable king bed. We were traveling with an infant, and the crib we requested was in the room waiting for us, of course. The pool was a nice treat for our son and well maintained, even in early spring, and all three of us enjoyed the hot breakfast each morning that varied day to day.

All of these compliments remain secondary though to the customer service, which truly was exemplary. Traveling long distances is hard enough without the headache of finding accommodations. This, however, is a headache we will not be faced with again if we ever make a return to Wilmington. The Country Inn and Suites Airport location has our business.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to write us a wonderful review. Your satisfaction is our priority and we will always go above and beyond to make sure that you and your family are well taken care of. We are pleased to see that you were able to take advantage of some of our amenities, such as the indoor pool and our daily hot and fresh breakfast. We hope when your travels bring you back to the area that we see you again! Kindest Regards.
Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

I wanted to sincerely thank Ms.Bridgette for her hospitable, professional and sincere friendliness during our stay 3/28-3/30. As a neighbor and native of Wilmington, I wanted to treat my grandchildren to a mini-vacation during a busy spring break. I had the pleasure of speaking with Ms. Bridgette prior to our visit and upon checkout. Her attitude was the reason I chose Country Inn over other hotels in the area. We had a great 2 room suite and the grandchildren loved the pool and free cookies that provided a constant sweet aroma throughout the lobby:)
The setting is perfect, the hotel room and area is well-kept and we are thankful for a wonderful, relaxing stay!

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Gina G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to complete a review! We are delighted that your grandchildren enjoyed their spring break and that they were able to take advantage of our yummy cookies! We hope the next time any of your family come to town to visit that we see you again! On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites Wilmington!
enfusetech
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

My wife and I spent a night here and thought the staff was very pleasant and helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable. They also said they recently had upgraded the wireless for the guest rooms. I thought it was plenty fast. We will definitely stay here again and recommend to our friends.

Room Tip: We thought the hot tub room was great.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gina G, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
We are so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for your positive review, we greatly appreciate your feedback and value your opinion. We hope you come back to see us the next time you stay in Wilmington!
Buxton, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

Our family with toddler enjoyed this hotel. Our room was clean, staff very helpful and ample breakfast. Pool helped kids get some energy out. And only 15 min to downtown or 20 to the beach. Convient to stores like target.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gina G, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Carolyn, Thank you so much for your kind words! We are pleased to see you were able to take advantage of our full hot breakfast and enjoy some time in the pool with the kids. We hope to have you back the next time you are in Wilmington!