I received a limited time email offer from Country Inns and Suites by Carlson for 25% off if I booked a stay during July. I followed thru on this deal and booked 2 nites in Wilmington, NC. I was disappointed. First,the room was small, it was not a suite or a large room, it was an average hotel room with a fridge under the TV. Not what I was use to from Country Inns and Suites. There was no HBO TV even tho it was listed. The bathroom was small, the door hit the shower curtain rod and I had to stand uncomfortably close to the stool to have enough room to close the door behind me. When the air conditioner kicked on, it cooled the room uncomfortably. I swear, I’m not being a woos, it was so cold we were shivering in standard summer garb. We tried, but the thermostat didn’t adjust like you could in a car if it was too cold.
Second, our room didn’t get the daily cleaning the day after we checked in. It could have been partly my fault. We were gone from 9am to 2pm and they hadn’t got to my 2nd floor room yet. We came back from the beach hot, tired, sunburnt..;. I suppose it was my fault for not coordinating with the housekeepers when I got back, but whatever, the room didn’t get cleaned. The lady at the desk was more than apologetic; she would have cleaned the room herself if I would have said yes. She immediately got me new towels, shampoo, and took my garbage. Later, she comp-ed me a couple soda’s from the desk store.
The staff at the desk were wonderful, the breakfast was great, the free USA Today was there, the room was clean, the hotel was attractive and located conveniently, parking was good, all the tourist info was right there, ice machine good, at check in the room was stocked with full sets of nice towels for 4 even tho reservations were for 2, the vending machines were supplemented by a well stocked desk store, we didn’t use the pool, workout room, or business room.
If I had any advice it would be to be specific about what you expect in a room. Then, when the desk calls to see if you like the room, you will be prepared.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Country Inn & Suites is the perfect place for your stay in Wilmington. Our quiet location is convenient to Downtown Wilmington, Wrightsville Beach, UNCW, and a host of other sights and activities. We feature 74 guest rooms & suites, each equipped with its own microwave and refrigerator. You'll enjoy complimentary Be Our Guest Breakfast, indoor pool & whirlpool, 24-hour business center, cardio fitness center, free high speed wired and wireless internet access, and a professional staff committed to making your stay in beautiful Wilmington as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Wilmington, NC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Wilmington Airport
- Country Inn & Suites Wilmington Airport Hotel Wilmington