“I was let down, but read this...”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Wilmington, NC
Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I received a limited time email offer from Country Inns and Suites by Carlson for 25% off if I booked a stay during July. I followed thru on this deal and booked 2 nites in Wilmington, NC. I was disappointed. First,the room was small, it was not a suite or a large room, it was an average hotel room with a fridge under the TV. Not what I was use to from Country Inns and Suites. There was no HBO TV even tho it was listed. The bathroom was small, the door hit the shower curtain rod and I had to stand uncomfortably close to the stool to have enough room to close the door behind me. When the air conditioner kicked on, it cooled the room uncomfortably. I swear, I’m not being a woos, it was so cold we were shivering in standard summer garb. We tried, but the thermostat didn’t adjust like you could in a car if it was too cold.
Second, our room didn’t get the daily cleaning the day after we checked in. It could have been partly my fault. We were gone from 9am to 2pm and they hadn’t got to my 2nd floor room yet. We came back from the beach hot, tired, sunburnt..;. I suppose it was my fault for not coordinating with the housekeepers when I got back, but whatever, the room didn’t get cleaned. The lady at the desk was more than apologetic; she would have cleaned the room herself if I would have said yes. She immediately got me new towels, shampoo, and took my garbage. Later, she comp-ed me a couple soda’s from the desk store.
The staff at the desk were wonderful, the breakfast was great, the free USA Today was there, the room was clean, the hotel was attractive and located conveniently, parking was good, all the tourist info was right there, ice machine good, at check in the room was stocked with full sets of nice towels for 4 even tho reservations were for 2, the vending machines were supplemented by a well stocked desk store, we didn’t use the pool, workout room, or business room.
If I had any advice it would be to be specific about what you expect in a room. Then, when the desk calls to see if you like the room, you will be prepared.

Room Tip: If I had communicated what I expect in a room, all this would have worked out better. I just didn...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark J
Gina G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Wilmington, NC, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Mark - First, let me start by thanking you for taking the time to review us and provide us with your honest feedback. As you mentioned, you had booked one of our Standard Rooms and our Suites are much more spacious. I always recommend the One Bedroom Queen Suite for families as it provides much more space and room to move around. I would also like to apologize for the other concerns that you shared and hope that you would give us another chance and stay with us again. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel the next time you plan to visit, I would like to personally make your reservation myself. If you have any other concerns, please feel free to let me know.
All the Best,
Gina Guarino
Country Inn & Suites Wilmington, NC

Reviewed 13 July 2013

I selected the Wilmington Country Inn & Suites for our family vacation based on AAA ratings and TripAdvisor reviews. This hotel is an excellent value for the budget traveler and I found no complaints during our stay the week of July 8, 2012. Room was more than adequate and clean. The breakfast offered something a little different each morning, so the variety was great. The free homemade cookies at the front desk were a great added touch. The entire staff was friendly and happy and willing to help with any questions. Sign up for Club Carlson and you will likely receive an email promotion to help save some money on your reservation. Stay here and you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Eric C

Eric - Thank you so much for taking your time to review us! I am thrilled that you were able to take advantage of our amenities such as our hot breakfast, free cookies, and Club Carlson promotions! I also appreciate you kind words towards our team members. I hope to see you the next time your travels bring you back to Wilmington!

Reviewed 27 June 2013

My family stayed in Wilmington 6/19 - 6/23 for combination of business/pleasure. Someone else made our reservations for 3 nights at The Days Inn on Market St. (see review) via Priceline. It was a terrible, unclean & scary location. I researched and found Country Inn & Suites. We made it through 1 night at the Days Inn and moved to Country Inn for our next 4 nights. It was wonderful! Staff were friendly and professional. Shortly after check in we received a call from front desk to make sure our room was to our liking. Cookies and fresh coffee were always available in the lobby. Their bold blend coffee is excellent. Breakfast was very good each day. The lady who works the breakfast room was a pleasure to see each morning. Man, she's a hard worker! The layout of the hotel is nice. The carpeted stairs in lobby is a nice touch. Felt like going downstairs for breakfast at home. Rooms were clean, nicely appointed and comfortable beds/bedding. Housekeeping freshened the room/made beds each day. We were pleasantly greeted by any and ALL hotel employees we encountered, even those just arriving to work & not 'on the clock' yet. Excellent, safe and pleasant stay. Easy drive to beaches, shopping & downtown.

We will always stay here when visiting Wilmington area. They are definitely worthy of the Trip Advisor sticker on the door.

Room Tip: We stayed on 2nd floor. Noise/sound from hallway or other rooms was never a problem.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Gina G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Wilmington, NC, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2013

Thank you SO much for taking the time to write such a kind and wonderful review! I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay with us and happy that we were able to accommodate you and your family. We can't wait to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 19 June 2013

We came into Wilmington,NC and stayed here for three nights.We stayed June 14,15,16.I honestly have nothing negative to say about this hotel!The rooms were clean and housekeeping came in every day.The customer service at the front desk were very friendly and the appearance of hotel was very nice.I felt safe and it was very quiet which we really liked!I had my 12 yr son with me and I didn't have to worry about unsavory people hanging around.The breakfast in the morning was good and lots of different choices too.We really enjoyed our stay and I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Gina G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Wilmington, NC, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Mrs. Grimes, Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I greatly appreciate your kind words and I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your time with us. We hope the next time your travels bring you back to the area we will see you again!!

Reviewed 5 June 2013

The room was very clean, staff very nice, food good. Would stay again for sure. I wish they had an outdoor pool but only indoor at this time. Would also like the food to be offered until 10am. The Carlton point system is a good deal.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Gina G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Wilmington, NC, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

KtdKing - Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review for us. I am happy that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. I hope you return when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 29 May 2013

All staff were polite friendly and professional. Hotel was very clean and the price for the suite was great value. We needed a check in for 2 am and away from elevator. They were totally booked as memorial weekend but they were ready for us on arrival with the requested room. Breakfast was good but employee dot remarkably kept up with the high demand with a smile and friendliness!!! The indoor pool water was cold and whirlpool was warm instead of hot. Suite was very clean and spacious.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I also appreciate your kind words towards Ms. Dot, I will be sure to share them with her! We hope to have you back the next time your travels bring you to Wilmington!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed over Memorial Day weekend and found the Country Inn & Suites to be clean, comfortable and VERY hospitable. Every person in the employ of the hotel with whom I spoke was kind, friendly and helpful. And the freshly made cookies at the front desk were a welcome touch!! I would definately stay here again and would highly recommend it to others seeking a room in Wilmington.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Gina G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Wilmington, NC, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Ruth - Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor, we greatly appreciate the feedback and your kind words towards our team and our property. I hope if your travels bring you back to the Wilmington, we see you again! Kindest Regards