“Romantic affordable getaway”

Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Romantic affordable getaway”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I am originally from the area, but the hotel is new to me. We read all of the reviews on the hotel before booking, and were impressed. The whirlpool suite really made our mini vacation special-We were able to enjoy each others company in our room, which was very comfortable and private. The hotel itself is very quaint, but it definitely was worth the money plus it is less than 15 minutes from the beach. I could go on, but I think it's important for everyone to know that this hotel is now our official place to lodge whenever we're in Wilmington. Kudos :)

Room Tip: If travelling as a couple, book the whirlpool suite....you won't regret it ;)
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Gina G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you so much for reviewing us! I am thrilled you enjoyed your romantic getaway in one of our whirlpool suites (good choice!). I am so happy to hear we are your new official lodge when staying in Wilmington, we can't wait to have you back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I was drawn to this hotel based on the reviews and now I'm submitting my own. The hotel was very nice, i loved the floor plan and the space for the money spent. It was clean and the amenities were very accomdating. Kudoes to Brigett Comeaux, the Office Mgr. She was pleasant from my initial call to make reservations to my check-out. Very professional, and very warm and friendly. Simply put, she put SERVICE in "Customer SERVICE" and represents the hotel well. Thanks Brigett!!! Without a doubt, Country Inn & Suites will be my Hotel of Choice when visiting in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LadyJ1212
Lady J - Thank you for such a wonderful review and for your kind words towards Brigett! She will be thrilled you mentioned her by name! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the customer service, value, and amenities to be pleasantly surprising. We hope you will be back to stay with us again!
new york
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel was very comfy and the staff was extremely welcoming and accommodating. The drawbacks were that it was not near anything touristy if that is your thing and there was a screaming child literally screaming for a good hour in the middle of the night and the people above us stomped a lot walking back and forth, though it was quiet other than that.

Stayed April 2014
Gina G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Mrs. Davis, I appreciate you taking the time to visit us on TripAdvisor and leave a review! I am so happy to see you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for you business and we hope to see you soon!
Reviewed 9 April 2014

John Parsons and crew did a fantastic job while my Family and I stayed here. Mr. Parsons was always friendly and attentive to our needs (thanks for the milk for my son ^^). Everyone working there had a smile on their face and it was just a pleasant change for us. I highly recommend this hotel if you are in Wilmington, NC; it is clean, it is cozy, and it is close to many local attractions. Cheers to the crew for a refreshing stay!

Room Tip: If you have small children like me (9mo and 3yr): get the room with 2 twins/king and suite. It is s...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Gina G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dee Lee, Wow! What a wonderful review! Thank you so much for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor and write about your most recent stay with us. I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your time with us and for giving me the opportunity to commend John on a job well done! We hope you will come back and see us the next time your travels bring you Wilmington!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Excellent place to stay. Very close to shopping and dining and only 10 minutes from the beach. Staff very friendly and respectuful. Breakfast buffet was very delicious. John, at the front desk was very helpful as well as everyone else. Upgraded to queen suites for the kids and they enjoyed the room as well. Pool and hot tub kept up well. Very clean motel, will stay again if I go there again. A+++++++++

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Gina G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review! I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay and found our team to be friendly and professional; I will be sure to share you comments with John and I appreciate you giving me the opportunity to share your praise with him! We hope you will come back and see is with your family the next time your travels bring you to the area!
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The hotel is part of a shopping complex very close to UNCW.
It is located at the very back in a quiet location.
The rooms are comfortable and clean.
When I booked it there was an option for requesting a paid upgrade to a suite, which I have used.
But for my surprise, when I got to the hotel nobody at the reception knew anything about that.
I did show them a copy of the confirmation e-mail and then I got the upgrade, but definitely their booking system has a flaw.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time review us. I am so happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us and found our rooms to be comfortable and clean! I apologize for the confusion at the front desk regarding your upgrade and I am thrilled we were able to accommodate your request! We hope to have you back the next time you travel to Wilmington.
Clinton, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We recently stayed for a swim meet being help at UNCW. We were greeted promptly by two very friendly ladies who made sure our check in was perfect. Our room was in excellent condition and smelled clean upon entry. The carpets and bedding were in great condition! There were granite countertops in the bedroom and in the bathroom. The desk was large enough to spread out and work and including a comfortable desk chair. The bathroom was extremely clean, updated, and including pantene pro-v toiletries and large towels. Weekend breakfast started at 7am and lasted until 1030am, a real treat to not have to get up too early. The breakfast included eggs, bacon, biscuits, fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal with fixings, grits, variety of cereal, milk, and juice. Ms. Dot, the breakfast worker, was an absolute delight every morning! The location is excellent, with a Target and several other shops and restaurants right across the street. Hope to visit again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a helpful review! I am thrilled to see you were able to enjoy so many of our value added amenities such as our complimentary Pantene toiletries and Hot Breakfast! I also want to thank you for your kind words towards Ms. Dot. I will be sure to share your comments with her, she will be thrilled you mentioned her by name :) We hope to have you back soon!