“Won't even consider staying anywhere else if we come back!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilmington
Blue Heaven Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 18 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Absolutely perfect. Everybody else has said it. Best location, extremely knowledgeable and friendly host, great atmosphere, VERY comfy beds, wonderful breakfasts. You can walk to any nearby attraction or restaurant within 10 minutes. The outside sitting areas are like little bits of heaven... so quiet and comfortable, with great views.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Newport Room. If you are concerned about the separate bathroom, don't be! It...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My parents and I recently stayed here for 2 nights for part of our family vacation. Blue Heaven, and it's owner Jay, exceeded our expectations! The house itself is a large old home built in the late 1800's in the historic district. It's VERY close to the riverwalk and the main street and is an easy 5-10 minute walk away. Parking is free right outside the house. The breakfast was delicious and different both mornings we were there. Always starts with a bowl of fresh fruit and then a hot main course and a sweet pastry at the end. One morning he made the most delicious mushroom and artichoke casserole!! I'm still thinking about it almost 1 week later. Coffee was ready at 7am every morning which we took out to the front patio to drink.
I had mentioned to Jay that I was huge Dawson's Creek and One Tree Hill fan so he gave me 2 notebooks (1 for each show) that had all the filming locations written down and pin pointed on maps that his previous guests had put together. He also has a copy of a menu from every restaurant in town so you can see what's good. There was complimentary beer (or wine but you'd have to ask him for it as he didn't keep it in the communal fridge), water and pop.
My parents stayed in the South Sanibel room which is the largest they have and it was lovely with an en suite bathroom. I stayed in the Newport room which had the comfiest bed and pillows! This room didn't have an en suite but it does have a private bathroom just outside the door on the other side of the hall but that wasn't a problem at all!
Overall I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel!!! The location was perfect, the rooms were perfect, the owner was awesome and the breakfast was delicious....what more can you ask for?

Room Tip: Don't be put off by the fact the Newport room doesn't have an en suite, your PRIVATE bathroo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed one night in this adorable B&B and had the Sanibel room which is very large,nicely decorated.the bathroom was very pretty with a free standing victorian bath.
It had air conditioning and there was possibility to use a fridge to store food and complimentary beers and soft drinks were available.
We were very nicely welcomed by Jay ,who was very helpful with finding restaurants and attractions.
The house has a lovely outside porch and another upstairs.
Breakfast was served in a beautiful dining room with the other guests ,but was a little boring,but Jay was very accommodating and served it earlier than the usual 9 am,which was very helpful for us.
It is walking distance into the centre of Wilmington.

Room Tip: The Sanibel room is very large and pretty
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The Blue Heaven Bed and Breakfast has become a home away from home for our family. During the New Year 2014 season, my family and I stayed here again for the fifth time! When staying at the Blue Heaven, we experience superb service each morning when the owner offers a great breakfast (built into the price). He is very hospitable and has good ideas of what to do in historic Wilmington. Upon our return to the B&B at the end of the day, we have found our room to be in clean condition with new sheets and towels. The location of the B&B is within walking distance from historic downtown Wilmington. Whether you want to see the USS North Carolina, go on a horse-drawn historic tour of the city, take a walking tour through a historic mansion, or simply relax at the water front, Blue Heaven Bed and Breakfast is a great place to stay!

The Blue Heaven is child and pet friendly, which was good because this was the first trip with our 10 month old son.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brad Y
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This B&B occupies an old two-storey home in the old town. It is beautifully kept, with only four rooms but two porches. Our room was large, light and airy. It had a good large bed and a nice bathroom. Jay, the owner, is a very helpful an knowledgeble guy.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This was my third stay at Blue Heaven Bed and Breakfast. Each time has been a wonderful stay. The owner Jay, is a great host. House is very clean and the breakfast has always been very good. This past stay my sister and I were in the Newport room. (blue room) Feel right at home during each stay. I feel like I have an extended family at Blue Heaven. Very easy to walk to Front street. Will continue to stay during my stays in Wilmington :)

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed 4 nights at the Blue Heaven in Mid-March. The Inn is very clean and welcoming. My room was so comfortable and cozy I didn't want to leave! I stayed in the Blue Room, a big room with large windows & comfortable bed.There was a private bathroom across the hall for my use only with bathrobes supplied & it was not a problem at all. Jay was super nice and very helpful with area information. He makes a terrific breakfast every morning too. You can walk to all the restaurants and shops in the historic district. So just park your car out front of the B & B and go! I would recommend the Blue Heaven to anyone wanting to stay in Wilmington.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo