“Great Downtown Botique Hotel”
Review of Front Street Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilmington
Front Street Inn
Ranked #8 of 18 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 November 2009

This hotel has an amazing location, free parking, and beautiful interiors. The Segovia room was particularly tasteful and not too 'bed and breakfast'. I missed the complimentary breakfast but the person at the desk was quick to prepare a tray of goodies to bring back to my room. The only thing that prevented a perfect score was that for a hotel of its price range, I would have expected a complimentary glass of wine or two.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank talpas

Reviewed 11 November 2009

My girlfriend and I spent two nights at the Front Street Inn, and had a great time. We were definitely the youngest guests during our stay, but everyone was very friendly and welcoming. We stayed in the Pearl Buck room on the ground floor, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The hotel is such a short walk from all of the action in the historic part of Wilmington. There are so many great restaurants and fun bars in the area. The great thing is that you can't hear the nightlife sounds from the hotel. This is definitely a relaxing atmosphere and not a place to stay if you have a loud or rowdy group. I found the place to be ideal for a weekend getaway. The owners were extremely nice, and provide a great breakfast each morning.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JH1976JH
Reviewed 5 November 2009

I must admit, I am quite shocked to read some of the negative reviews people have posted. I am an inn keeper for a B&B in the mountains of NC and know what to expect for a nice stay. My date and I traveled to Wilmington over Halloween for my brother's wedding and absolutely loved staying at the Front Street Inn. I think that the rates are a little steep but it was well worth the money! The owners were a total pleasure and very nice to talk to. We stayed in the Kipling Suite and thought it was really pretty. Our room was on the main street and even though we stayed in on Halloween, we were never disturbed by the ruckus on the streets. The Inn is right downtown and you can walk to almost everything you need. We were surrounded by restaurants, bars, and shopping, a plenty. Breakfast was great and it definitely fills you up. Overall, out trip was amazing and we will definitely be back to stay at the Front Street Inn.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelfreak878
Reviewed 28 July 2009

On our recent 4 day trip to Wilmington, NC my husband & I stayed at THE most wonderful B & B we have ever stayed at. Run by Richard & Polly & their son Chris, the beautifully decorated inn is conveniently close to the Cape Fear Riverwalk & gorgeous old home neighborhoods & shopping providing days of endless walking & exploration. Polly's healthy & delicious breakfasts (her fig bread & quiche are exceptional) provided enough fuel to kickstart the day even in the hottest July temperatures. Our room, the Bistro was quiet, cool, beautiful & so comfortable and gave us a home base we felt eager to return to & relax. Beaches, shops, restaurants and sights are all very close to FSI and I would highly recommend it to anyone. The only thing missing is a pool! We hope some day to return to this wonderful city; Wilmington, NC and if we do we will definately stay at Front Street Inn.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ginka123
Reviewed 23 July 2009

I could not disagree more with the negative reviews. My husband and I have stayed there five times since January 2006 and we absolutely love it. The owners and staff have always more than accomodating and friendly. We've enjoyed three of their suites-- The Hemingway, The Cabana, and The Taverna. We love their breakfast with sweet breads, muffins, freshly made breakfast casseroles, cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, cofee, tea and juices. We both enjoyed in-house massages for our honeymoon stay which were incredible. The atmosphere is laid back and very relaxing. The room's amenities are perfect. It is in a fabulous location for walking downtown Wilmington and enjoying the local restaurants and nightlife. We would both highly recommend this B&B to anyone. We're both in our early 20's and have enjoyed every stay we've had.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2009

My husband and I are frequent visitors to Wilmington and the Front Street Inn. Our most recent trip was during the first week of April when we traveled to ILM for the annual Azalea Festival. We stayed from Wed to Sun. The weather was a bit off for a day or two, but the weekend turned out to be beautiful!! As usual, we had a great time at the Front Street. The inn is as clean as ever and Richard & Polly treated us well. We parked on Wed and didn't move our car until we left on Sun. We always stay at the Front Street Inn and have never had a bad experience. In July we're spending a week on the Outter Banks but we've booked two nights in ILM for the holiday (Front Street Inn is a perfect location for watching the fireworks). When you're in Wilmington, be sure to have at least one meal at Circa 1922 (tapas, etc), dessert at Kilwins ice cream, and a bottle of wine to end the evening from the Wilmington Wine Shoppe down near the river...it doesn't get much better than that.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2008

We chose the Front Street Inn from the pictures and discription on the internet. The room and Inn are not at all as depicted onlline. The decor was a mish mash mess. The room was way over priced for the yard sale type furnishings. There was a kitckenette with a stove but not even one pot or pan, plate or piece of silverware. Not even a trash can.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank DPianta