“BEST RESTAURANT IN WILMINGTON!”

Wasabi Sushi Restaurant
Ranked #63 of 678 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“BEST RESTAURANT IN WILMINGTON!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This is the best place to eat in Wilmington! The chef is incredible, service is spot on, and the restaurant is kept very clean! The food is always the best quality, and very tasty! I am picky about Korean and Japanese food, because I am half Korean and have lived in Japan for years. Both the Japanese and Korean cuisine at Wasabi Sushi is excellent! I have also been a mystery shopper for restaurants in the past, and know what to look for. I have nothing but the best things to say about this restaurant! Please try it, you won't regret it!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank jlmcneill86

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We love this hidden gem. Chef aims to please with his delightful creations. Service is wonderful. We absolutely love Julie!

Kerikeri, New Zealand
“Great Value”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We have eaten at Wasabi almost monthly since they opened. The owner is always there and his wife often is the server. They are very focused on customer service and really care about the food they serve. It is a favorite of our children too.

Some favorite sides include their homemade kimchi and cucumber salads. The miso is well flavored and the mushroom soup a wonderful change. We enjoy the sushi, the tempura is amazingly grease free with both the traditional sauce and a spicy one available. They have traditional Japanese dishes but we always enjoy the authentic Korean dishes (chef is Korean). We also always enjoy the refreshing mandarin desert as a perfect end to the meal but also enjoy the occasional mochi or frozen ice creams for desert.

It is tucked toward the back of the parking lot but well worth finding.

• Visited February 2014
Wilmington, North Carolina
“I Expected So Much More”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

The reviews of this small restaurant were so outstanding, we just had to try it. We stopped by on a late Saturday afternoon. As we walked in, 8 diners were just leaving, and we were seated next to their empty table. The table remained filled with dirty dishes, glasses, and half-eaten food throughout our entire meal. The atmosphere was seriously lacking in that it felt a little like a cafeteria. We ordered a sashimi combo appetizer which was just okay. The yellowtail (I think it was) was partially frozen and tasteless. The salmon was the best part of the appetizer in that it was fresh and delicious.
We both ordered Korean entrees, which were, again, just okay. I asked for some hot sauce because my meal really didn't have much flavor. Maybe it was just a bad day, but the meal was just not that good. In either case, I do enjoy a nice atmosphere when I go out to eat; and I don't feel that Wasabi Sushi fit the bill.

• Visited January 2014
“I can't stop going”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Owner is the only one who makes the sushi. He's there every day and makes the freshest sushi. And the complimentary small portion of crab salad is something I can't get enough of. It's not the same when I try to make it at home. Try the spicy scallop roll if you like scallop sushi: uhhmazinggg

• Visited February 2014