“Excellent service!”

Ranked #5 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Excellent service!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The moment I arrived I felt welcomed - the nicest front desk ever! This hotel has excellent service and it's so roomy and clean. I travel often for my work, It's not only affordable ..it's classy..thumbs up!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Danielle K, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington East, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Niki550,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us during your recent business trip in Wilmington, NC. We are absolutely delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and cannot thank you enough for recommending our friendly team, spacious rooms and great value to fellow travelers. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Staybridge Wilmington Management Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I used to live in Wilmington and went back this past weekend. Realized this is a new hotel on New Center Dr. It was beautiful, driving down the road seeing the hotel lit up at night. Very nice first impression. We arrived late but the front desk girl (didn't get her name) asked me to play plinko and I won an employee 'high five'. That was awesome. Very happy with the room, very fresh and clean. There were two ladies in the morning attending breakfast, Lisa and Stephanie - very hospitable, helped my kids with the waffles and chatted us up although they were very busy. At check out we met the manager I believe his name was Daniel, also very very nice. Great job Staybridge, we'll be back for sure!

Taralyn P,
Welcome back to Wilmington! We are so glad that we could provide a comfortable place to stay for your weekend getaway in Wilmington, NC. Our goal is to provide a positive overall experience for each and every hotel guest, so our entire team will be delighted to hear all of this wonderful feedback. We cannot thank you enough for recommending our hospitable team and comfortable guest rooms to fellow travelers. Thanks again for all of your time. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night. The room was very nice and clean and the beds were comfortable. The day I was leaving to check out the door to my room locked and would not open and I was locked out with my things still inside. Although it was an inconvenience it was more than made up for with the service of some of the staff. They were very accommodating and did all they could to keep me happy and comfortable. In particular a staff member from the front desk named Jayson was great and handled everything very well. Hotels need more staff like Jayson and to any management who reads this, he should be rewarded for his great service. I suggest a raise or a bonus. Over all great stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Danielle K, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington East, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you very much, Nick P, for taking the time to write this kind review about your recent experience at the Staybridge Suites in Wilmington, NC. We are absolutely delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and cannot thank you enough for recommending our clean hotel, comfortable beds and customer service to fellow travelers. We are very sorry that you got locked out of your room and would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention right away so that we could assist you immediately. Thanks again for all of your time! We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I booked a one bedroom suite for my son's graduation from UNC Wilmington. I was concerned because my 2 year old grand daughter was staying with me, and wanted to be sure she was comfortable and relaxed in the room. (Her Mommy was away attending a wedding.) When I arrived on this very busy weekend with an aircast (broken foot) and a 2 year old the staff was extremely friendly and helpful and assisted in every way to make sure we were all taken care of and I realized my worries were for nothing. My grand daughter said "Grammy - this is our new house, OK?" She obviously felt right at home! Many thanks to Jayson, Danny, Amanda, Michelle and your whole staff of smiling, helpful and friendly faces. I will recommend this hotel to everyone on their way to Wilmington!

Room Tip: Our room was at the end of the hall overlooking the view from the front of the hotel and was extreme...
Dear ThatoneKymGirl,
Thank you very much for this 5 star review! Jayson, Danny, Amanda, Michelle and the rest of our team will be absolutely delighted to hear such positive feedback! We love it when guests feel comfortable enough to call us their home away from home, so this is an extra special compliment coming from your granddaughter! We hope that you had a wonderful time at your son's graduation and look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Knightdale, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I go to this hotel quite a bit. They are usually great but this time not good. You can't beat the free breakfast and dinner and drinks but this time while I was eating the manager and an employee were sitting there complaining about guests staying there and their jobs. Seemed kind of unprofessional.Also, my company pays for my visits but they asked me three times for my CC information. Each time I told them that they never usually ask for it that much and each time they said it was just for incidentals. I said "Are you sure you won't charge my card?" They told me they wouldn't. I check my balance today and sure enough, they charged my card.
I am not sure if there is new management there but it was a bad visit this time. It didn't seem like anyone at the desk knew what they were doing and I am sure this is what led to my account being charged.
Lastly, I hate to complain about anything free but they advertise some alfredo pasta with garlic bread, what it really is was pasta and hamburger buns. I love the free food but don't overdo it. It is free but very cheap and not how it is described. Don't stay here for the free dinner.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, you can't go wrong. Just hope they fix the staff
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dnourie
Dnourie,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the kind words about our complimentary breakfast and comfortable guest rooms, but we are disappointed to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. Our goal is to provide excellent customer service to each and every hotel guest, so we are truly sorry that we did not live up to those high standards on this particular visit. We understand your frustrations and really appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention so that we can make necessary changes that will improve the overall experience for hotel guests. We hope that you will stay with us again soon so that we can provide the excellent service that you and all of our guests deserve!

Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Danny Allen, Joshua, Jayson and Amanda, The Front Desk Team.

Danny and his team turned a potentially bad situation into an opportunity to show off their customer service. Thanks for going above and beyond to help my family. Great Job!!!!!!

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Bigsexy13
Danielle K, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington East, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Bigsexy13,
Thank you very much for your review! We are always happy to help, so thank you for reaching out to our team so that we could help make your stay an enjoyable one. We cannot wait to share this wonderful feedback with our front desk team. We hope to see you and your family again soon!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This is by far the best hotel stay I have ever experienced. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and well appointed. Even the bed pillows were great! The front desk staff could not have been more helpful, kind, and accommodating. (Thank you, Jayson & Kyle). The breakfast buffet was excellent! There were 2 ladies handling the breakfast crowd, and they were warm, friendly, and treated us like family. There were 6 in our party, using 3 rooms, and we all experienced the same warmth, courtesy, and sweet spirit from everyone at the hotel. The pool is also great!! Perfect temperature!!
We all noticed that all of the employees at the hotel were happy, and seemed to actually want to be there and were happy to help us....you don't see that very often. As we were leaving, we noticed that the manager had ordered lunch for his staff (it was Mother;s Day). That spoke volumes to me...it just showed a caring attitude....not just for guests, but for the staff.
I would recommend Staybridge Suites Wilmington to anyone

2 Thank Becky C
Danielle K, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington East, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you, Becky C, for this awesome five star review! Our team works hard to provide a positive experience for each and every hotel guest, so we truly look forward to sharing this feedback with our team! We cannot thank you enough for recommending our clean, comfortable guest rooms, helpful team and excellent hot breakfast buffet to fellow travelers. We look forward to seeing you and your family again in the future!