“A Wonderful Experience!!”

Best Western Plus Coastline Inn
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 20 May 2011

I found a great deal on this hotel in April and so I jumped on it. The location is great as it's right on the river, near the community college, and walking distance to everything in the Historic Downtown area of Wilmington. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, the view was awesome, and the breakfast was great. I am coming back in October to take my mom on vacation and we will be staying here.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 May 2011

I've stayed here twice now on seperate business trips and was impressed both times. Here are the positives:

-Great staff--felt they went avove and beyond on more than one occasion
-Excellent location--nice view of river and battleship right outside my window, lovely trail along the river, lots of restaurants, shops close by
-Good room--clean, updated, quiet

I honestly can't really think of any negatives here. Would definitely stay again if I visit again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank brooTX
Reviewed 26 April 2011

We lucked out and stayed in the bell tower room or "500". If you have the opportunity to do so, do not hesitate! The bell tower room is gorgeous in itself, but the view is unreal. We were so excited to be there with that view and the hotel is right at the end of the boardwalk on the river. We will be back.

Breakfast was included and enjoyed Brice's personalized service at the front desk!

The belltower room is a 2 story suite with a loft bedroom. The view is amazing. The living and bath is on middle level. Nice shower and tub!

Room Tip: bell tower or 5OO
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mbeach
Reviewed 25 April 2011

We stayed at the Best Western Coastline Inn on March 22 and 23, 2011, while in Wilmington for a business trip. The meeting that we were attending was held at the Hilton, which is very close to this hotel. The property is small, four stories, with exterior hall ways. Although the room was small, it was nicely decorated and the view of the Cape Fear River was awesome. You can see the Battleship NC from the hotel. Our room did not have a refrigerator, not really a problem for us. We parked the car and walked all weekend, which was great. Wilmington is a lot of fun. There are some interesting characters on the street there, but we always felt safe walking.

The front desk attendents were very nice. The gentleman who checked us in said we had a great rate, less than AAA. We booked from the Best Western website. I think the accomodation tax was about 14%. Breakfast was good. My only complaint was that the room was a little dusty, but I think it was from a dirty filter on the ac/heat unit. Over all, it's a great place to stay. We enjoyed it.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor. Nice view and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank cgwsNC
Reviewed 17 April 2011

This hotel is a good location, right at the end of the river walk. Lots of restaurants and shops are in walking distance. Driving to get there, you go through a rougher neighborhood, but the immediate area is fine. Rooms are a little small, as is the breakfast room (cramped). One night was a bit loud (college kids next door). Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2011

A colleague and I attended a conference in Wilmington that was at the Hilton. The conference rate at the Hilton was $149 and we got our room at the Best Western for about fifty dollars less a night. We easily walked the stretch every morning. The rooms were clean but there was no refrigerator. The bathroom was large. The windows don't open but there is a lovely view of the water, bridge, battleship from the room. The breakfast was awesome, and we happened to be on the 'breakfast room' floor. The rooms are all on a balcony so if a smoker was needing a smoke, all they had to do was steip outside the room. They actually had benches set up on each floor where the smokers could hang out. (Being a former smoker, I just had to mention. So many places are unfriendly to smokers.) The breezeway around the hotel was awesome and we took an afternoon off just to sit on the benches and soak up the sun and watch the water traffic. Some of the best eating is just two blocks over or down the strip.... We ate at Front Street Brewery (awesome hamburgers for lunch), Fat Tony's Pizza actually delivered to the hotel, and the clerk used the credit card we gave him, and we ate at the Riverboat Landing for lunch - awesome and a great walk (1.9 miles from our hotel). The only bad thing I would have to say is that the pillows were too fat and not squinchable (if that's a word). I woke up the first night because I choked (I sleep on my side and squeench my pillow up .... but the pillow didn't squinch enough, so I was up too high ... LOL). Other than that, they were comfy beds, lots to watch on the flat screen, and internet was free.... It was a great experience!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Deborah S
Reviewed 4 April 2011

This hotel is great! We had a room with a beautiful water view located on the third floor. Our room had an iron and board, hairdryer and in the bathroom there was a large walk-in shower with stone tile (far better than a tub). My one complaint about the bathroom was that the toilet paper holder was missing the tension bar and the roll had just been placed sideways on one arm of the device. Weird. However, everything else in the bathroom was fine. The bed was really comfortable and we loved that there were a lot of fluffy pillows provided. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good and was included, served until 9:30 am.
During our stay we attended an event at the Hilton, and I had previously checked room rates there. I can honestly say we preferred the overall look and feel of the Coastline Inn AND the room was more than a hundred bucks cheaper per night. I'm all about splurging when it's worth it but why go there when you have a hotel this nice and friendly right next door? Next time we're in Wilmington, we'll be staying at this hotel again. Definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple