“Great stay”

Best Western Plus Coastline Inn
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Great hotel, great location, great staff. We took a few days away for our 24th wedding anniversary so we wanted a romantic getaway. The hotel has a beautiful setting; riverside with a boardwalk and a 2 story pier. Much better than it appeared in the pictures on the internet. It was a wonderful place to enjoy a sunset. The rooms are small and cozy but the use of the space is very good. The only thing that disappointed me was that thier was no pool but that was my fault; I should have checked. Also, this is the first room I have checked into in years that did not have a refridgerator. Again I shoud have checked, but did not think I needed too.

Regardless, great stay. The location was perfect and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MaryWM
jackiehodge, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coastline Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2011

We appreciate your nice comments and I will share with my staff. We hope you choose our property again if you find yourself in Wilmington.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Coastline Inn

Reviewed 23 August 2011

I stayed this past weekend and found the room well appointed, clean, comfortable & right on the riverfront with great views. The hotel was priced well and offered a free continental breakfast including eggs, waffles, sausage & buns. The hotel staff including the cleaning ladies were very friendly and concerned about my comfort. The hotel is one block from a string of cafe's and places to eat. All in all, Its a winner!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bigelowrock
jackiehodge, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coastline Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2011

We are so glad you enjoyed your time in Wilmington and that you found our hotel to your liking. We certainly hope you recommend us to your friends and we look forward to your future visit.

Reviewed 14 August 2011

We enjoyed staying there; the location and staff were friendly and helpful.
When we first entered the room, there was a smell of mildew. I noticed the air conditioner had mold in it. We told this to a front desk person and the maintenance person was at our door before we returned from the front desk! He cleaned the air conditioner, and although it reduced it, there still was a odor of mildew in the room. (I think there might be bigger AC issue). The walls also seemed a bit thin.
On the positive side, the room was well appointed, had a great view, good location, decent breakfast, and a very spacious and nice shower.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
jackiehodge, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coastline Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2011

We greatly appreciate your nice comments. I am glad that the staff was able to handle the issue with your a/c. I hope that you will select our hotel if you are ever in Wilmington again.

Reviewed 9 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend wedding. It is a very short walk from the hotel to Front Street dining and nightlife (less than 10 minutes). The hotel has a generally nice view and nice rooms for its star rating. The staff was friendly. Breakfast was not bad. If your main reason for visiting Wilmington is to go to Wrightsville Beach, I probably would not stay here. The hotel was honestly overpriced for what you get, but it is on par for other similar hotels in the area, as most hotels are overpriced in Wilmington at this time of the year. If your main reason for visiting is to go downtown, then this may be the place for you. If this hotel is at the same price as other 2 1/2 or 3 star hotels in the area, I would definitely stay here again.

I. Pros:
Free Internet
Free Parking
Location with regards to downtown

II. Cons:
No Fridge in the room.
No vending machines (must go to the front desk for drinks).

III. Minor cons (maybe important for some travelers):
The air conditioning tended to be very loud for part of its cycle. I like the background noise, but it may be too loud for some people.

The elevator was very hot and slow. It was faster to walk down 4 flights of stairs, than to take the elevator. Also, it was a bit cooler outside in a heat index over 100 than inside the elevator.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
jackiehodge, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coastline Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2011

We greatly appreciate you staying with us during your time in Wilmington! I appreciate your comments and I will share with other staff members. Please come back and see us again

Reviewed 9 August 2011

Stayed here for the blues festival this year. very nice hotel. rooms large and set up business travel. very nice veiw of river and battleship i think all rooms have the view facing the river. good access to downtown walking distance to shopping and resterants.
only thing was no swimming pool area this would of made it 5 stars. breakfast area kinda small and crowded also but we were on same level as breakfast area so got coffee and went back to room for a few minutes and returned. very freindly staff willing to answer any questions about area and offer up advice.

Room Tip: try to get on upper floors for better view. 3rd floor is where breakfast area is.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

We greatly appreciate you selecting our hotel during your recent stay in Wilmington! The Cape Fear blues Festival is becoming more popular and we have starting seeing more traffic for this event. We look forward to your next stay

Reviewed 4 August 2011

This is a great hotel if you wish to be in the historic downtown area of Wilmington. You are steps away from the Riverwalk and can easily walk to the Cotton Exchange and the other downtown shops and restaurants. All rooms have a beautiful view of the river (overlooking the battleship) and there is a lovely area behind the hotel to sit and enjoy the view outside. The room was standard Best Western, but was clean, bed was comfy, front desk staff was friendly. The only downside was the breakfast area. For a hotel that prides itself on the great views, the breakfast area was a small, windowless room. But since it didn't take my husband and me that long to eat each morning, it wasn't that big of a deal. This hotel is one door down from the Hilton Riverside but is a LOT cheaper. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank teresact2

Thanks for staying with us during your recent stay in Wilmington. I will be sharing your comments with the staff as they work very hard. We look forward to your next stay!!

Reviewed 28 July 2011

A lot of people have weddings in June in downtown Wilmington. Of course, my first choice was the Hilton because my rehearsal dinner was at Ruth Chris's (in the hilton) until I saw a standard room. The Hilton is nice, but nothing special for the price because you're paying for the river. The Best Western rooms are less expensive, on the river, and nicer. We stayed both times in the tower suite that has a180' view of the river and three floors (loft-style). There are at least two wet bars and three flat screens (one in the bathroom). Although the AC has trouble making it to the top floor, overall the suite is amazing for the price. It's extremely romantic and used to come with breakfast in bed (now they have a continental breakfast). If you cannot get the tower suite, I saw many other rooms and they were really nice as well.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank uncwmel10
jackiehodge, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coastline Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2011

Thank you for staying with us for your First Anniversary. The Tower Suite is an amazing room and it certainly gives you feel of both the city and the river views. Come back and see us again!!1