“Very good food, excellent desserts, so-so cocktails”
Review of Caprice Bistro

Caprice Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Caprice Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 691 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Water St.
Description: French bistro style with a Belgian twist.
Georgia
“Very good food, excellent desserts, so-so cocktails”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Our family enjoyed our meal here. The desserts were extremely good - Gateau de Chocolat and Profiteroles. The appetizer (sausage of the day), the entrees (Pork Normandie, Mushroom Crepe, Salmon au Vert, and Duck Confit) were all very good, but they all were missing something that kept them from being excellent. Furthermore, both my wife and I were disappointed with our cocktails - they just did not taste that good. Service was top notch throughout and the ambiance was nice.

Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
“Quaint atmosphere and good food!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Overall we very much enjoyed our experience at Caprice Bistro. The soup of the day was delicious and the entrees were cooked to perfection. The frites, were good, however Belgian frites they were not. As someone who has eaten frites in Belgium, I was extremely excited to find them here, but I was disappointed that they were not truly Belgian frites (they were not double fried) as advertised. That being said, we would definitely return for another dinner out.

• Visited May 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food and elegant decor”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My wife and I had dinner at the Caprice bistro Tuesday night, when boeuf bourguignon was the special of the day. We ordered it and it was really superb. My wife's boeuf bourguignon is great so I hesitate to order when we go out as I am often disappointed. In this case, we both loved it.

The bread and house wine were also great.

2 Thank Juan B
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Very enjoyable meal”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Friendly atmosphere. Great service, with attentive and discrete wait staff, who were there when you needed then, and never asked you if you were enjoying your meal just as you put a great forkful of food in your mouth.

We enjoyed the smoked fish starter. Good variety of tastes and sauces. My wife's pork tenderloins were very good. My trout was pretty flavorless (hence the 4 rather 5 stars .. if the chef had tasted it, he wouldn't have served it).

Desert selection was good, well presented.

Overall, a good experience: I'd suggesting skipping the Carolina Trout ...

“Crepes were fantastic!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Had a great meal and time last evening in Wilmington at the Caprice Bistro. The offerings for vegetarians are limited, but wow, they are great! We started with the Arugula salad and Salad Meli Melo which were both great. My wife Loved the citrus vinaigrette! Then we went with the du Jardin and the Forestiere Crepes as our main course. Both were very good, but the vegetable medley du Jardin was spectacular. Every bite brought out a different flavor from sun dried tomatoes to green beans, from mushrooms to capers, and carrots to spinach. All of these flavors were brought together with a warm sauce inside the tender crepe in a way that pulled together all of these unique flavors into one of those moments when you sit back in your chair and say Wow! We finished the meal with the apple tarte which was also wonderful! We will certainly be back on our next trip to Wilmington.

Visited June 2014