“Great Food!”
Review of Caprice Bistro

Caprice Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Caprice Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 724 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Water St.
Description: French bistro style with a Belgian twist.
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Delicious food and thoughtful service. Patience is the key word in finding a parking space and more than worth the effort - just arrive a bit early and circle. We didn't have any problems the four times we parked in the little area just outside Caprice's door. It's shady are and close to many other things.

If you like fish don't miss their special Belgian dish - Waterzooi.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

As the number 1 rated restaurant in Wilmington, I had very high expectations of Caprice Bistro but they were not all fulfilled. Most of the courses that my wife and I had were indeed very good. These included the rillettes and faux gras appetizers which we shared, my chilled potato soup, her trout entree and the apple tart dessert which we shared. My grouper entree although quite tasty was not as soft as I would have liked. Our server was efficient for the most part but appeared to have too many tables to service and I had to ask for our bread to be brought, my water glass to be refilled and it took longer for him to bring cream for my wife's coffee that it should have. In addition, he was ready to remove my soup dish before I had finished. Although all of these are fairly small details, it makes the difference between good service and excellent service which I would expect in a restaurant of this caliber.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Very nice atmosphere. Cosy and quiet. Area parking is poor. Fresh large mussels perfectly steamed. Great service. Nice wine selection,

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Our family enjoyed our meal here. The desserts were extremely good - Gateau de Chocolat and Profiteroles. The appetizer (sausage of the day), the entrees (Pork Normandie, Mushroom Crepe, Salmon au Vert, and Duck Confit) were all very good, but they all were missing something that kept them from being excellent. Furthermore, both my wife and I were disappointed with our cocktails - they just did not taste that good. Service was top notch throughout and the ambiance was nice.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Overall we very much enjoyed our experience at Caprice Bistro. The soup of the day was delicious and the entrees were cooked to perfection. The frites, were good, however Belgian frites they were not. As someone who has eaten frites in Belgium, I was extremely excited to find them here, but I was disappointed that they were not truly Belgian frites (they were not double fried) as advertised. That being said, we would definitely return for another dinner out.