“SO WONDERFUL!!!”

Ranked #51 of 693 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: US$4 - US$24
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Black Sea Grill is a family owned & operated Mediterranean Turkish cuisine, casual family dining restaurant. Our family chef prepares your individual order using fresh local produce, meats, vegetables & fish. We offer that intimate experience, family dining or can accommodate that business meeting. We also offer a "GLUTEN FREE" Menu.
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Found this restaurant by checking out restaurants online in downtown area & found all the reviews to be excellent & we are so glad we went. John, our server & part of this family owned restaurant was terrific! My husband had the lamb chops with mahi mahi which was unbelievably delicious & I had the shrimp & beef kebabs which was excellent. We finished off this great meal with Turkish coffee & kanafe(sooooo good). We will definitely be back & will be bringing our friends when they come to visit!!

2  Thank Marie C
There are newer reviews for Black Sea Grill

Reviewed 4 March 2014

From our very first visit to Black Sea Grill my wife and I knew we found a "keeper". The Mediterranean fare provided is always fresh and consistently very delicious. We have been frequenting this restaurant since we discovered it last year and have become part of the owner's family. Recommend making a reservation especially in nice weather when tourists abound in downtown Wilmington as seating is limited. We have had every dish they serve routinely and many specials when offered - always cooked to perfection and served with smiles.
We always bring out of town visitors to a night out treat. We always leave satisfied.

1  Thank GPS1943
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We dined at Black Sea Grill our second time, having been there several months ago. Don't know why we haven't gone back sooner! Though small (reservations are highly recommended on nights when the theaters are showing productions especially) the ambiance is quite pleasant.

We started with the Black Sea Anchovy appetizer. Small and succulent and very tender and tasty. The bed of seasoned onions is scrumptious in and of itself! I had the Rainbow Trout (North Carolina grown) which was tender and flaky and oh-so-tasty. My husband has the special for the night, grilled salmon. It was also delicious. John, the owner, is pleasant and our service was prompt and attentive. Dinners are served with jasmine rice and either a house salad or the vegetable of the day. We have gotten the vegetable both times...a seasoned cabbage dish which defies the normal attitude lent to a cabbage dish. Yum!

The only recommendation I would make for this establishment is to offer cloth napkins instead of white paper ones. Seems a small touch, but it would add so much to the classiness the place deserves.

1  Thank vbailey2
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Food is amazing! I ordered the lamb, and my husband ordered the fish and lamb. Everything was amazing. The staff was very friendly and told us a bit about the area as we were only visiting! So if your looking for good cooked to ores food and good price check it out!

1  Thank Sabes74
Reviewed 19 January 2014

What an excellent restaurant. Every time my family comes to town, I take them here. It's a quiet, classy establishment with very attentive servers and a menu full of great options. I usually get the shrimp--which is simple but always delicious. By the way, I highly recommend the kanafe for dessert--sounds odd, tastes amazing.