“Rare snakes”

33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Rare snakes”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

It was raining so went here with the kids. The boys loved it.. Beautiful snakes seen and very rare snakes. Want to now read about Dean Ripa the founder of the serpentarium. Not sure I like the focus on the venom for every snake as there is more to snakes than just their defense mechanisms. But overall great place for boys.

Cary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Crazy political propaganda, bad science, and snakes”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Animals are nice- if you can deal with a conspiracy theory nut-job surrounding you with propaganda and bad science. Venom and cancer are the same molecule? Really?! Um, how about no.

I would have boycotted this place if I spent a minute in the lobby first.

Why is it cash only? Probably for tax evasion given their anti-govt and anti-company stance.

12 Thank Nodazoza
Greenville, NC
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Plenty of snakes”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

My son is a snake lover, so this was a must see on our trip. He was thrilled with the collection and I appreciated the informative plaques at each cage. It's dark in there but still easy to see that updates are needed. Some of the doors to the cages were not as secure as I would have liked. The man at the front desk was grumpy to say the least but other workers were friendly. We used a coupon from one of the local guide books and my son was able to touch a snake. Beware parking is difficult since the location is downtown. We parked in a garage and walked the few blocks.

Springfield, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So exciting!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I hate snakes and I still had a great time. Found a coupon that allowed my younger siblings to hold a boa. They loved it! I, however, stayed far away from that thing. It is a great stop and I reccomend it.

Visited July 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Rude employees and overpriced!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

As we entered Cape Fear Serpentarium and finished reading the 911 Truther propaganda posted in the wall inside the lobby, we were greeted by an extremely rude employee that seemed annoyed helping customers. I would NOT recommend this as something to do in Wilmington for the treatment we received. The exhibits were well done and informative. I also thought it was overpriced and the bathrooms were filthy!

Visited August 2014