“Everyone in our group of 15 loved it!”

Cape Fear Serpentarium
Ranked #9 of 121 things to do in Wilmington
Type: Other
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The most exotic reptile facility in the country. Live exhibits of the world's rarest and deadliest reptiles all under one roof. Giant constrictors, venomous snakes, crocodiles, lizards, dragons and more... See the world's most exotic, rare and deadliest reptiles from around the world, all viewed in beautifully designed show exhibits that mimic their natural habitats. ...an indoor reptile park with some so rare they are not exhibited anywhere else! Live Feeding Shows. Open year round. Summer/Winter hours and days vary - please call for more info. Discounted admission for age 55+, veteran's, educators and military dependent's and for groups of 15 or more. FREE - Active Military with ID. FREE - children 4 years old and younger.
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Rainy day at the beach with 8 adults and 7 children??? We decided to try the Serpentarium - with several nay sayers in the group! Because our group was so large we were able to get a guided tour and our guide was wonderful. She was very informative and engaged the young members of our group. Everyone enjoyed the fascinating snakes and reptiles and it made a rainy day very exciting and fun.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

It was raining so went here with the kids. The boys loved it.. Beautiful snakes seen and very rare snakes. Want to now read about Dean Ripa the founder of the serpentarium. Not sure I like the focus on the venom for every snake as there is more to snakes than just their defense mechanisms. But overall great place for boys.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

My son is a snake lover, so this was a must see on our trip. He was thrilled with the collection and I appreciated the informative plaques at each cage. It's dark in there but still easy to see that updates are needed. Some of the doors to the cages were not as secure as I would have liked. The man at the front desk was grumpy to say the least but other workers were friendly. We used a coupon from one of the local guide books and my son was able to touch a snake. Beware parking is difficult since the location is downtown. We parked in a garage and walked the few blocks.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I hate snakes and I still had a great time. Found a coupon that allowed my younger siblings to hold a boa. They loved it! I, however, stayed far away from that thing. It is a great stop and I reccomend it.

1  Thank Taylor M
Reviewed 2 August 2014

As we entered Cape Fear Serpentarium and finished reading the 911 Truther propaganda posted in the wall inside the lobby, we were greeted by an extremely rude employee that seemed annoyed helping customers. I would NOT recommend this as something to do in Wilmington for the treatment we received. The exhibits were well done and informative. I also thought it was overpriced and the bathrooms were filthy!

43  Thank Lance C