Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire
Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
San Diego, California
“Loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

Have stayed here twice. I love the Wilmington/Wrightsville area and Mayfair is a great area. Thinking about buying a vacation home here. Anyway, this hotel is great. You get a room with a full kitchen, free breakfast in the morning, snacks and drinks at night and the location is perfect. Close to the beach, downtown, pretty much everywhere. Oh and you also get free gym passes to O2 if you don't like using the hotel gym. The staff has always been pleasant and very helpful. Free parking is nice too. Highly recommended.

Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Carolinahotelman, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire, responded to this review, 9 June 2011
Wonderful comments about the hotel and location, thank you. I think it's noteworthy to see you've taken the time to share more than 32 experiences with your fellow TripAdvisor members. One must conclude that you know what you're looking for so it's especially gratifying to read that this was your second outstanding stay with us at Homewood Suites Wilmington/Mayfaire. You touched on all the key points that we agree are important...great product, convenient location, strong value, and genuine service. Thank you for your kind words and for your loyalty when traveling to Wilmington. We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2011

We stayed for one night at the Homewood Suites in Wilmington on April 28, 2011. I shared a suite with my oldest daughter Karen and my youngest daughter Suzie, her husband and 3 children had the suite right next to ours. I don't remember the room numbers, but the rooms were booked under my son-in-law's name Steve Rottmann. That evening we had exceptional service from your Food & Beverage Manager Kyle. We really enjoyed our dinner that night thanks to him. I don't know his last name,but he did an exceptional job and made us feel welcome. The next morning for breakfast we had exceptional service from a lady named Margaret. I'm sorry I don't know her last name, but her pleasant personality made our breakfast experience so enjoyable. I would rate her above average. Overall your entire staff was better than most other places I have stayed at in my travels. If I should ever have the opportunity to travel to Wilmington, NC again I would love to stay with you. Thank you! Jim Skroski from Oshkosh, WI.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your great stay with us and with your fellow travelers. It's fantastic to hear that your service experience was so wonderful and I'm particularly pleased to see specific members of our team shining brightly enough to be remember individually. Kyle is nothing less than a superstar...he is a champion for our guests and takes tremendous pride in taking care great care of people who are away from home. Margaret is someone who immediately conveys the spirit of "make yourself at home". She is someone I personally enjoy seeing each morning. I'm so glad this was your experience and I appreciate your acknowledging two members of our team as standouts...I know they will as well.
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

My biannual divisional meeting was held at the Homesuite Hilton Mayfaire and it was by far the best I had. They worked with me to set up a personal and initimate cookout affair at the gazebo. They set up everything to my specification and everything went smoothly. The service was superb and they never missed a beat in assuring every detail was taken care of. I tipped extra for their service because it was well-deserved. I have already shared this wonderful experience with my business colleagues so they have this facility as a choice for their next event. This is veru customer-friendly hotel. Terrific all-around !! Great shopping and restaurant around the corner,

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It's always wonderful to receive such high praise, but particularly when it comes from a professional with extensive travel and event planning experience. We love the challenges of unique events and special request...just another opportuntiy to "WOW" our guests. I know that everyone enjoyed having you and your team here for the week and hearing this was the best meeting of so many for you is very satisfying for all of us. We're also grateful to learn that you've already shared this experience with some of your colleagues as there is no better marketing that "good old fashion" word of mouth. We know you had a lot of choices prior to coming to the Homewood Suites Wilmington/Mayfaire so on behalf of our entire team thanks for choosing us.
Ocean, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

My fiance and I stayed here while in town for a wedding this past weekend. We travel a lot, and of all the hotels we've stayed in the past year, this one was the best. The room was spotless upon arrival, and the maid service was impeccable. The service at the front desk was wonderful and they made an effort to accommodate our every wish during our stay. We were so pleased with this hotel that we would consider this chain again in other locations. Everyone from the front desk to the bus girl in the dining area was friendly and accommodating. Thank you for such a pleasant stay!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
First, a huge thank you for sharing your experience. We're so pleased to read your comments, as they perfectly outline the overall experience that we strive to deliver to every guest who chooses to stay with us. A great product and complete cleanliness are a given, but I'm so happy to hear your profound appreciation for the genuine service you received throughout your stay from housekeeping to the front desk. It's also very cool that your experience at our hotel will likely serve as a catalyst in choosing another Homewood Suites in the future. Thanks again, we've very much appreciate your business.
Corning, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2011

OUTSTANDING accomodations! SUPERB staff & service! DELIGHTFUL stay!

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel and it has been a wonderfully consistent experience. The rooms are spacious, fully equipped kitchen. Bedroom and bath are separated from Living area by a closed door. Full (hot) breakfasts 7 days a week and full dinners (M-Th) are included in the price -- can't be beat!

Staff is excellent & I've received nothing but TREMENDOUS service!

This is the only place I'll stay when I come to Wilmington! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard view
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carolinahotelman, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire, responded to this review, 11 May 2011
Dear "New Favorite Guest",

We're grateful to receive such high praise and your repeat business is so valuable and appreciated. Hearing words like outstanding, tremendous, delightful, and superb can and should be a bit humbling. Your comments are well received by our entire team and your words very much reinforce the energy and effort we've put forth in our first year of operation. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and with our current and future customers.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2011

Over the past several weeks while workin in Wilmington I have stayed at this hotel. They have been nothing but gracious, helpful, always at their best. The rooms are wonderful the facility is always clean. When there is a problem they solve it. After staying at a few places that acted like the customer barely exsisted it was a breath of fresh air. I will be looking for a Homewood Suite when I travel from now on.

Room Tip: Just tell them what you are needing.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
First, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback...we crave it and we appreciate it. There is a saying in our business..."the customer is not a distraction from our work but rather the PURPOSE FOR IT". While it's unfortunate that genuine, gracious service can sometimes be the exception to the rule, it's so very encouraging to hear from a veteran traveler that we've "got it figured out" here at Homewood Suites Wilmington/Mayfaire. Our team is very pleased to hear the details of your great experience. Also, please know that we will continue to seek feedback and constructive criticism so we can constantly strive to improve. We know you have a lot of choices when traveling so thank you for choosing us...please come back again soon.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2011

I was down in Wilmington for a mixture of work and play. I lived in the city and knew this location was exactly where I wanted to be to be in the center of town. The room was amazing. The hotel staff was extremely attentive and accomodating. I cannot say enough how impressed I was with my stay. I will stay here on every trip and I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fantastic news! On behalf of our entire team, thank you so much for your appreciation and recognition. I've already shared your review with the team this morning and everyone was thriled. We are passionate about delivering genuine hospitality and an exceptional product and it's truly gratifying to have our efforts acknowledged. Thank you for your business and your loyalty...we'll look forward to your next visit.