“I wish they were all like this” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire

Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire
Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Cary, North Carolina
“I wish they were all like this”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

I stayed here for 1 night with my family and wow, was I impressed. No, this is not a super luxury hotel, but I wish all the hotels I stay at were this nice. I would be very happy to stay at this place on every business trip I take. Its obviously pretty new and in great shape. I can't think of a single complaint or criticism.

Rooms: Good size, nice furnishings, comfortable bed. We had 2 flat screen TVs (one in the bedroom and one in the living room). Bedding was nice quality. Kitchen was in great shape with utensils.

Bathroom: Sink was outside the shower/toilet room which is nice for families. Bath was fine, nothing to get excited about.

Exercise room: above average for this class of hotel. Nice new equipment with built in TVs.

Property: Nice area to sit and relax outside next to the pool. Even a grill to BBQ.

Breakfast: Typical buffet, but a bit better selection and quality than a typical Hampton Inn.

Location: In between Wilmington and the beach so in some ways, not close to either. But maybe the best of both worlds? Its next to a very new shopping center with a grocery store and restaurants. Off the main street just enough to be quiet, but still extremely convenient.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank HiHoHiHoRDU
Carolinahotelman, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire, responded to this review, 13 June 2011
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we very much appreciate you sharing your comments. Thank you for taking the time to post a very detailed review, highlighting features and benefits across the full spectrum from guest suites, to public spaces, to food & beverage, and even our "tweener" location....that is, between the beach and downtown. We strongly agree that our location at Mayfaire Town Center, which is 5 minutes from the beach and just 12 minutes from the heart of downtown, is a major plus for business and leisure travelers, allowing for quick and easy access to every part of the city. We very much appreciate you choosing Homewood Suites Wilmington/Mayfaire and we hope to see you again on your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Madawaska, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

Booked this hotel based on reviews and glad we did!! Very clean and spotless throughout, very friendly staff!! Complimentary breakfast daily (some days waffles with fresh strawberries/whipped cream). Complimentary dinners 5-7pm Mon. thru Thurs. with beer and wine! Less than 4 miles to beautiful Wrightsville Beach and within walking distance to beautiful shopping/dining area (Mayfaire Town Center). Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: Requested ground floor and got it
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rph889
Carolinahotelman, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire, responded to this review, 9 June 2011
We really appreciate you taking the extra time to share your experience with others. It was great to hear words such as "spotless" when talking about the property and I'm always thankful to read about a great service experience, it's our passion and top priority. We're glad you enjoyed breakfast and specifically our very popular waffle station. Also good news that you were able to take advantage of our location...just a few minutes from the beach and situated in the heart of Mayfaire Town Center. Thanks for the business and please come back soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2011

My wife and I stay here regularly. Short drive to Wrightsville Beach. Kid friendly. Breakfast has always been satisfying. Room is clean and fresh. Staff goes out of their way. Happy hour is a good time. 1 block from shopping and entertainment in Mayfair area. Never disappoints.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
First, thank you for always choosing us when you're in town. Loyalty and return business mean a great deal to us, we appreciate receiving both from you. Your comments and kind words are what I would describe as "well-rounded" and I've shared your feedback with every department in the hotel. We really appreciate your business and look forward to hosting for your next visit to Wilmington.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

Have stayed here twice. I love the Wilmington/Wrightsville area and Mayfair is a great area. Thinking about buying a vacation home here. Anyway, this hotel is great. You get a room with a full kitchen, free breakfast in the morning, snacks and drinks at night and the location is perfect. Close to the beach, downtown, pretty much everywhere. Oh and you also get free gym passes to O2 if you don't like using the hotel gym. The staff has always been pleasant and very helpful. Free parking is nice too. Highly recommended.

Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Wonderful comments about the hotel and location, thank you. I think it's noteworthy to see you've taken the time to share more than 32 experiences with your fellow TripAdvisor members. One must conclude that you know what you're looking for so it's especially gratifying to read that this was your second outstanding stay with us at Homewood Suites Wilmington/Mayfaire. You touched on all the key points that we agree are important...great product, convenient location, strong value, and genuine service. Thank you for your kind words and for your loyalty when traveling to Wilmington. We hope to see you again in the future.
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2011

We stayed for one night at the Homewood Suites in Wilmington on April 28, 2011. I shared a suite with my oldest daughter Karen and my youngest daughter Suzie, her husband and 3 children had the suite right next to ours. I don't remember the room numbers, but the rooms were booked under my son-in-law's name Steve Rottmann. That evening we had exceptional service from your Food & Beverage Manager Kyle. We really enjoyed our dinner that night thanks to him. I don't know his last name,but he did an exceptional job and made us feel welcome. The next morning for breakfast we had exceptional service from a lady named Margaret. I'm sorry I don't know her last name, but her pleasant personality made our breakfast experience so enjoyable. I would rate her above average. Overall your entire staff was better than most other places I have stayed at in my travels. If I should ever have the opportunity to travel to Wilmington, NC again I would love to stay with you. Thank you! Jim Skroski from Oshkosh, WI.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your great stay with us and with your fellow travelers. It's fantastic to hear that your service experience was so wonderful and I'm particularly pleased to see specific members of our team shining brightly enough to be remember individually. Kyle is nothing less than a superstar...he is a champion for our guests and takes tremendous pride in taking care great care of people who are away from home. Margaret is someone who immediately conveys the spirit of "make yourself at home". She is someone I personally enjoy seeing each morning. I'm so glad this was your experience and I appreciate your acknowledging two members of our team as standouts...I know they will as well.
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

My biannual divisional meeting was held at the Homesuite Hilton Mayfaire and it was by far the best I had. They worked with me to set up a personal and initimate cookout affair at the gazebo. They set up everything to my specification and everything went smoothly. The service was superb and they never missed a beat in assuring every detail was taken care of. I tipped extra for their service because it was well-deserved. I have already shared this wonderful experience with my business colleagues so they have this facility as a choice for their next event. This is veru customer-friendly hotel. Terrific all-around !! Great shopping and restaurant around the corner,

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It's always wonderful to receive such high praise, but particularly when it comes from a professional with extensive travel and event planning experience. We love the challenges of unique events and special request...just another opportuntiy to "WOW" our guests. I know that everyone enjoyed having you and your team here for the week and hearing this was the best meeting of so many for you is very satisfying for all of us. We're also grateful to learn that you've already shared this experience with some of your colleagues as there is no better marketing that "good old fashion" word of mouth. We know you had a lot of choices prior to coming to the Homewood Suites Wilmington/Mayfaire so on behalf of our entire team thanks for choosing us.
Ocean, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

My fiance and I stayed here while in town for a wedding this past weekend. We travel a lot, and of all the hotels we've stayed in the past year, this one was the best. The room was spotless upon arrival, and the maid service was impeccable. The service at the front desk was wonderful and they made an effort to accommodate our every wish during our stay. We were so pleased with this hotel that we would consider this chain again in other locations. Everyone from the front desk to the bus girl in the dining area was friendly and accommodating. Thank you for such a pleasant stay!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
First, a huge thank you for sharing your experience. We're so pleased to read your comments, as they perfectly outline the overall experience that we strive to deliver to every guest who chooses to stay with us. A great product and complete cleanliness are a given, but I'm so happy to hear your profound appreciation for the genuine service you received throughout your stay from housekeeping to the front desk. It's also very cool that your experience at our hotel will likely serve as a catalyst in choosing another Homewood Suites in the future. Thanks again, we've very much appreciate your business.