Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire
Ranked #2 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hotel is clean, very nicely furnished and well equipped. The bedding offers you a good nights sleep. The complimentary breakfast is always nice and offers something for everyone. Close to everything! The staff was extremely friendly & helpful.

1  Thank ISINY
Greg1234625, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thanks for choosing Homewood Suites Mayfaire. We appreciate your business in addition to your feedback from your recent stay. Your review highlights key areas we excelled in exceeding your expectations: cleanliness, great night’s sleep, friendly team and convenient location. [often concerns of future travelers] On behalf of team Homewood, we wish you safe travels and a speedy return!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were very impressed with our stay. We choice this hotel because of location and that we could have the option for separate rooms for the teenage boys. Very clean and very friendly people that run and up keep this hotel. We have shared our experience with friends that want to travel to Wilmington NC to visit the beach. I know many like to stay on the beach; but for the price and location this is a great choice.

1  Thank Margaret T

Thank you for the opportunity to impress you by choosing to stay with us! And thank you for sharing your feedback with the Trip Advisor community in addition to your friends. I appreciate you recognizing the value in staying near the beach but not on the beach. I was thrilled to hear the suite set up was perfect for your family. We look forward to your future return to Wilmington.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was our fourth visit to a top-notch hotel, especially clean, competent, friendly, safe and value-priced, with easy access to Wrightsville Beach, Wilmington's many entertainment activities, and an adjacent contemporary shopping mall.

1  Thank Bruce L

On behalf of Team Homewood – Thank you for your 5 STAR review and or your continued loyalty. I was thrilled to read after 4 visits our consistency remains top-notch. Your review highlights key attributes any traveler longs for when choosing a hotel. Again, thank you! Your loyalty is the greatest token of our success.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

EVERYTHING AT THE HOTEL IS 5 STARS.
Courtesy, cleaning rooms, customer service, free food, Organic tea.
Area and nearby shops surrounding this hotel.

PLEASE MR. MANAGER do not reply this post saying that you are doing your best at keeping the pool clean. That is simple untrue.
First of all, there is NOT enough personnel to make sure there is not toilet paper/tissue inside the pool, and floating hair either.
Please Mr. Manager do not tell me leaves fall from trees and therefore this is out of your control. I understand that. But floating hair and PAPER???
In fact, go outside right now, jump in the pool, dive in and you will see with your own eyes.
This pool is overload with chlorine. But regardless, it is Very dirty the water is. Also, more water need to be added too. Clearly lack of maintenance. I know because we go to our club pool every day.

NOT totally the hotel's fault. PEOPLE EAT while in the whirlpool. I mean grown ups and young ones. Post signs: DO NOT EAT WHILE AT THE POOL. I know it is common sense but people take advantage when not under control. Perhaps a sign will keep people from eating while being at the pool.

A third party company will keep this pool clean.

The coffee inside the rooms is VERY cheap and unpleasant.

Also, it is a pity that this humongous washing-dishes waste such amount of water. I found 2 teaspoons and 1 little plate inside the washer, already dried. I mean seriously? I do not mind washing by hand. I have water conservation conscience.

Delicious free appetizers and breakfast.

Thank you!

Room Tip: 222 a nice view of the pool
1  Thank Misifusmiau M

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Wilmington/Mayfaire on your recent trip to the Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach area. I was thrilled to read you felt our customer service, suite cleanliness and complimentary food to be a 5 STAR. With regards to your comment regarding our pool, we will certainly look into it. It is cleaned and maintenance performed daily by certified team members. Thank you again for choosing Homewood. We wish you safe travels and a great summer

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Me, my wife and our 18 month old son stayed at this Hotel over the 4th of July Holiday.. We really liked the location in upscale Mayfaire and lot s of restaurants and close about 10 minutes to the Wrightsville beach.. The hotel was nice with free breakfast and evening reception.. Few minor gripes -- They had a regular Coffee machine in the room while most of the nicer hotels now have Keurig.. Also for the number of Hotel rooms on a holiday weekend it just has the one elevator and it can be a long wait. Also few days they had Grits at breakfast, I mean seriously who eats grits these days.. I would have preferred healthier options.. But overall a pleasant experience with good service at the front desk and the studio suite was comfy..The Kitchen is full service but no Oven so can't get a pizza from the neighboring Harris teeter and bake a pizza in the pinch..

2  Thank Neetal T
Greg1234625, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thanks for choosing Homewood Suites Wilmington/Mayfaire as your 4th of July destination. We appreciate your business in addition to your feedback from your recent stay. Thank you for highlighting our centralized location, in addition to our complimentary F&B and service oriented team. Great comments regarding having a Keurig within each suite, along with an oven. While these aren’t a standard for the Homewood Brand, I will certainly pass along your feedback. My apologies as I am not aware of where your suite was located on our property, but we indeed have 2 elevators for guests. In regards to healthy breakfast items, we have a board in our kitchen area that posts our daily health choices in addition to their calories. We appreciate your business and glad you enjoyed your overall experience. Happy Summer!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Wonderful hotel, friendly staff, great breakfast with a variety of items, near the beach and other attractions in the area. This was our second time staying here. We enjoyed our stay and will return again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank walterc549

Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Homewood Suites Wilmington/Mayfaire. We greatly appreciate your business in addition to the time you took to share your feedback with the Trip Advisor community . As a repeat guest, it appears your experience was the same as the first with our ‘Friendly Staff’ & ‘Great Breakfast.’ On behalf of Team Homewood, thank you again and we look forward to a ‘THREE-PEAT’. Safe Travels and Happy Summer!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights and very much enjoyed myself. The check in process was fast and simple, the room was clean upon my arrival, and the staff was great. The breakfast in the mornings was great, and the dinner food at the managers reception was much better than I expected it to be.

I did have a problem on one of my nights, of the person staying above me being loud between 12am-4am, but other than that, it was very quiet and enjoyable. It was also near a good selection of shopping and restaurants. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sara W

On behalf of the entire team, Thanks for choosing Homewood Suites. We are thrilled you had the opportunity to spend an extended period of time with us. Your comments are greatly appreciated and I am sure future guests will find them advantageous, at which many are common concerns of a future traveler. [Speedy check in, Clean Suite, Delicious Breakfast] Thank you for highlighting that you had a noise compliment in which our team was able to resolve promptly. Your personal recommendation is the greatest compliment and we look forward to the future opportunity.