“Another great stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire
Ranked #2 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here about three years ago and it was really nice. We decided to stay again while visiting family in North Carolina. It was everything that we remembered and more. They could not do enough for you, whether at the front desk or the staff at meal time. Breakfast had its staples (eggs, muffins, etc.); however, each day something different was offered. Dinner was also very nice and included wine and beer.

We are already planning our visit to North Carolina and we will be staying at Homewood Suites.

Room Tip: We had room 119 which was perfect. The exercise room was steps away from the room as was the ice mac...
1  Thank jferro439
Greg1234625, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for your continued loyalty in choosing to stay at the Homewood Suites when visiting the Port City. I was thrilled to read your expectations were exceeded from 3 years ago. The team is grateful for their recognition of their hard work and dedication to customer service, as I shared your review at our huddle this morning. Again, we appreciate being your #1 choice in Wilmington and look forward to welcoming you home on your next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,006)

Reviewed 17 August 2014

As a business traveler I know I have to encounter properties with families. I appreciate ones that draft guidelines (etiquette tip sheets) for families at check-in, have personnel to monitor kids running in halls and signage reminders to be quiet in hallway.....this property does not appear to have any of that. Could not concentrate while working in room due to kids running in hallways above and on same floor & could also hear neighbors. Finally had to confront one set of parents myself that their kids really should be more respectful. Since this hotel is close to beach they probably do have a mix of family/biz travelers often so if you have conference calls/need to do quiet work you may want to consider another property. Calling the front desk may or may not help, so parents get resentful & purposely get more noisy.
Easy commute to airport & beach area. Many restaurants, pharmacy in area (drive to).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank UpintheairGirl

Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites for your business travel. I was pleased to read that you felt our location to be convenient to the airport, beach and numerous dining options. My apologies that your stay was hindered by noise from a fellow guest. We encourage guests to communicate with the front desk should this situation arise, as we have policies and procedures in place to communicating directly with the source. In addition, Hilton has enhanced a NEW feature for Hilton HHonors members called E-Check In/Suite Selection. You can access this via the website or app. It allows you the opportunity to select your suite location 36 hours prior to arrival. Should you need additional information, please reach out to us 910.791.7272. Thank you again for your business and feedback. We look forward to hosting a future stay.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I rate this hotel average based mostly on the quality of their food service. Although it is "complementary" the food is frozen, processed, bland, and often times cold. I would rather pay for some healthy options than eat what is often served.

1  Thank Lisa G

Thank you for choosing the award-winning Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire. We appreciate your business and value your feedback. As a whole our complimentary Food and Beverage is prepared fresh daily. We have 15 ‘healthy choice’ items available each morning. Nonetheless, my apologies it did not exceed your expectations. I will communicate with the kitchen to ensure we are following brand standards and seek a better way to showcase our healthy choices. Thank you again.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This was my first stay at a Homewood suites. No major problems, but overall poor value for the price paid. Disappointed in the limited breakfast and quality of the accommodations. I would not stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jennifer M

Thanks choosing the Homewood Suites by Hilton. We value your business and the time you took to share your feedback. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further to grasp an understanding of your disappointment with our accommodations and overall value. I can be reached at 910.791.7272 or at Greg.Thompson@hilton.com . Thank you again.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Great time, again. It's not easy to make me happy for 7 days in a row, again. Staff is awesome here. They go way out of their way to make you happy, especially at free meal time. They take your plate, ask you if you need anything else, get you whatever you need... Way over and above. Housekeeping is very good, and we are very messy and appreciative. I can't wait to go back for a 3rd week!

Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Homewood Suites for your 7 night trip to Wilmington. We are over the top elated by your genuine comments regarding our entire customer – oriented team (Cross all departments). We sincerely appreciate your business and the time you took to share your feedback with the Trip Advisor community. Your continued loyalty for a 3rd visit this summer is the greatest compliment to the team! Thank you & safe travels

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was the second time we stayed at this hotel and it won't be the last. The hotel is perfect! The staff is really nice! The rooms are clean and spacious (2-room suites). The pool and hot tub are nice and not crowded. Breakfast and dinner are good, though not ideal for vegetarians. Very close to shopping (Harris Teeter, frozen yogurt...). About 10 minute drive to Wrightsville Beach - get there early during the summer months to get a parking spot.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank guest8274

Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Homewood Suites Wilmington-NC. We appreciate your business, in addition to the time you took to share your feedback with the Trip Advisor community. I was thrilled to read you enjoyed our resort-style courtyard and pool area, as well as our complimentary F&B and location. We look forward to your future visits! Have a great rest of the summer.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Was an okay stay except for checkout.. They charged me incorrectly and said they could not fix it upon checkout. I know the manager could have refunded the incorrect charge but said she could not and told me to call corporate. I may not stay there again because of the principle of it.

2  Thank William T

Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Wilmington/Mayfaire on your recent trip to the Port City. I was thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay. My apologies regarding your check out experience. Without knowing the details, I am unable to address it specifically. Nonetheless, I would like to the opportunity to speak with your at your convenience to resolve in a manner that instills your trust. Since these reviews are anonymous, I can be reached at 910.791.7272 or Greg.Thompson@hilton.com.