“Excellent French Lunch on the Cape Fear River”
Review of Le Catalan

Le Catalan
Ranked #31 of 702 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: European, French, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Wilmington's authentic French Cafe and Wine Bar established January 2001. "Wine Down" on the Riverwalk! Serving Lunch and Dinner: Soups, Salads, Quiche, Cheese, Charcuterie, Seasonal and Daily Entrees, Dessert... Famous Chocolate Mousse. Wine, Beer and Spirits. Inside/Outside dining and friendly service. Enjoy a river breeze and catch a sunset!
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My wife and I just had a terrific Sunday brunch at Le Catalan. We both ordered the Coque Monsieur sandwich and salad platter. I've had this same sandwich at many French bistro style restaurants in Manhattan, but I have to say that the one I just had at Le Catalan was the best I have ever enjoyed eating. Wine selection by the glass is very good. Also, you can not beat the scenery overlooking the Cape Fear River. We will be visiting Wilmington on a frequent schedule this coming winter, and we will most definitely return to this restaurant for their Sunday brunch menu.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

This was my second visit to La Catalan. I ate several years ago and had fond memories, so when my husband I were here for our anniversary I stopped to see if my memory was accurate. It was a lovely day and we sat outside to enjoy the view and have a light supper. They have a small menu, but the food is good and the location can't be beat. Service was prompt and friendly.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Le Catalan is small and cozy. A perfect place for watching the sun set over the water on the Wilmington Riverwalk. We stopped in with some friends to do just that. Although the small menu may have many interesting dishes, I recommend checking the specials. When we were there they had a Crab and Penne Gratin and a Shrimp and Orzo Gratin. My wife had one and I had the other. Both were outstanding. The staff was very friendly and the prices modest.
Friendly staff, good food, atmosphere - You can't ask for more.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Had brunch here recently. Sat inside by the window to avoid the heat. Service was friendly and efficient. Menu is very limited, but each of us found something we liked. Food is fresh and local. All in all, a very pleasant experience.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Friendly staff, a lovely selections of wines to choose from, and small, discreet, and tasty menu. Vive la France!