“Great view”

Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: European, French, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Wilmington's authentic French Cafe and Wine Bar established January 2001. "Wine Down" on the Riverwalk! Serving Lunch and Dinner: Soups, Salads, Quiche, Cheese, Charcuterie, Seasonal and Daily Entrees, Dessert... Famous Chocolate Mousse. Wine, Beer and Spirits. Inside/Outside dining and friendly service. Enjoy a river breeze and catch a sunset!
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Great view”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stopped by for lunch and so glad we did. Tables and chairs were set out on the patio, which is on the Cape Fear River. Nice to be near the water, enjoying several glasses of wine, cheese and crackers. Very enjoyable lunch!

• Visited November 2013

Horley, United Kingdom
“Not disappointed”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I read about this brasserie before we left the UK for our holiday in South & North Carolina and knew I wanted to visit it when in Wilmington, well it was even nicer than the reviews. The owner was a delightful lady and our meal was delicious, especially the chocolate mousse! Also the coffee was served in a lovely china cup & not those horrible thick mugs they have in the States!

• Visited October 2013
“nice bistro, good red wine”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Nice quiet bistro on a Saturday night. Great environment for conversation. Our waitress was excellent. Red Rhone wine was great and fairly priced. My wife, however, could not get California oakey, buttery chardonnay that she likes. There were 2 specials: cassoulet and crab orzo au gratin. Both were good but neither was a home run. Chocolate mousse and the creme brule with organge zest were both terrific. The cheese plate was a winner. If the opportunity presents I would return for wine and the cheese plate.

Visited October 2013
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Excellent French Lunch on the Cape Fear River”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My wife and I just had a terrific Sunday brunch at Le Catalan. We both ordered the Coque Monsieur sandwich and salad platter. I've had this same sandwich at many French bistro style restaurants in Manhattan, but I have to say that the one I just had at Le Catalan was the best I have ever enjoyed eating. Wine selection by the glass is very good. Also, you can not beat the scenery overlooking the Cape Fear River. We will be visiting Wilmington on a frequent schedule this coming winter, and we will most definitely return to this restaurant for their Sunday brunch menu.

Visited October 2013
Apex, North Carolina
“Lovely spot with delicious food”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This was my second visit to La Catalan. I ate several years ago and had fond memories, so when my husband I were here for our anniversary I stopped to see if my memory was accurate. It was a lovely day and we sat outside to enjoy the view and have a light supper. They have a small menu, but the food is good and the location can't be beat. Service was prompt and friendly.

• Visited October 2013