“My Daughter's Wedding Week” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Tarrymore

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilmington
Hotel Tarrymore
Ranked #7 of 16 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Richmond, Virginia
“My Daughter's Wedding Week”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

As Father-of-the-Bride, I didn't do a whole lot of the planning for my daughter's wedding and the activities surrounding it. As a result, I got to enjoy the experience and just take it all in. For most of the attendees, including our family, this was a out-of-town wedding. We had the entire hotel for friends and family and held the wedding reception in the ballroom and Press 102. The facilities were very nice, very clean, and very well-maintained. The staff could not have been more helpful. From "Chef Jeff", the proprietor and head chef, down to the housekeepers, we were very well taken care of.

Overall, our friends and family were all very impressed and enjoyed the experience a great deal. The location put everything downtown within easy walking distance and everyone had plenty to do. From my perspective, I felt the value we received for the cost of everything was excellent.

Room Tip: I was in several of the rooms. They were all very nice.
1 Thank Jeff W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

The hotel Tarrymore was some awesome and accommodating for my friend's wedding. The rooms were adorable and had everything one would need. The staff was great and super friendly. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wanted a great place and location to stay in downtown Wilmington.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Joshua Tree, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

I had my wedding reception at Hotel Tarrymore a couple weeks ago. Most of my family and my husband's family arrived a few days before. From Check-in until after Check-out, the hotel and staff were absolutely above and beyond expectation. Each room was comfortable and clean with a very home-like set-up.
My wedding reception went perfectly without a single snag. We went with a buffet style dinner and my guests were overly impressed with perfectly prepared prime rib down to the fabulous bar service. What most impressed me is the fact that the owner of the hotel, Jeff, was the chef for my wedding and took special care with every aspect of my reception. The event planner, Dan, was extremely helpful and friendly from booking a year ago until after the reception was over.
There is not a better location in Wilmington than the nicely situated Hotel Tarrymore. We were able to not only use the Veranda Room for the reception but also the restaurant/bar area and the outdoor patio that wraps around the entire hotel. You are close to absolutely everything that downtown has to offer and get to experience the old feel of this southern but artsy town that I love.
I will also note that I lived in Wilmington for 8 years and the Hotel Tarrymore allowed all of my guests to experience what I love about the town so much.

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

Tarrymore is a great, small downtown hotel. Actually calling it a hotel is a little bit of a misnomer because the rooms are all really one-bedroom or two-bedroom suites. They have a full kitchen with full-size appliances, granite countertops, plenty of dishes, utensils, etc. There is a sitting area with TV, sofa, etc. The location is one block off the main downtown street, so it is a little quieter. There are many good restaurants within 1-4 blocks. The hotel itself has coffee and bar service, but not a restaurant. Mostly adults, which we liked. We live in Wilmington and just went down for a getaway weekend. If you want to be close to downtown at a reasonable price, this is a good choice.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

We were at the Hotel Tarrymore for my niece's wedding. Our family stayed in the hotel suites and the wedding reception was downstairs. Having the opportunity for our family to stay together and having the atrium as a gathering area was wonderful. I would highly recommend this as a wedding venue. The reception room has two patio areas outside created a great atmosphere. The staff were very helpful, friendly and accommodating. I agree that the parking is not that big of deal. The suite kitchens are well stocked; the beds are very comfortable. I would enjoy coming back to Wilmington and staying here again to explore downtown.

Room Tip: I think the rooms that face 2nd street would be best. There is a bar close to the hotel on the cross...
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

Hotel Tarrymore is the best! I had my rehearsal dinner in the event space here a few weeks ago, and several family members stayed in the rooms right upstairs. The staff were warm and inviting and SO helpful! Anything I needed they were able to point me in the right direction. The rooms are spacious and clean. My family stayed in a two bedroom suite; with a full kitchen, living room area, and multiple bathrooms the room really felt like home. Since we had multiple rooms booked, the atrium was a perfect gathering place - much better than a typical hotel where everyone gets together in the lobby. Because there are only a handful of rooms, it really felt like we were a guest in someone's home rather than just one in a hundred customers. Besides being a great little hotel its also in the perfect location. Its within walking distance to everything downtown, but just off the main drag so its not so busy. Overall my whole experience at Hotel Tarrymore was delightful and I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Hotel Tarrymore in March. My daughter was married in Wilmington on March 30th, and several of the wedding party stayed at Hotel Tarrymore. The staff was so accommodating and gracious. We had the rehearsal dinner at the hotel restaurant on Friday, and everything was just perfect! I can't say enough nice things about the staff and management of the hotel. Somehow, when I made the reservation, I did not realize my room had a full kitchen! I was thrilled! We had so many family members in town, and were able to entertain them right in our suite, which opened out to a lovely common sitting area - the atrium. We just recently moved away from Wilmington, and now we have a great place to call home when we come back.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family