“Why stay anywhere else?”
Review of Hotel Tarrymore

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilmington
Hotel Tarrymore
Ranked #7 of 18 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Conveniently located on a quiet street just one block off the main street (Front Street) of historic downtown Wilmington, this locally owned hotel is comfortable, clean, quiet, and roomy. We stayed two nights-once in a one bedroom with a pull-out couch; the second night in a suite with two double beds. The rooms are tastefully decorated and have complete kitchens. Muffins and coffee available downstairs in the morning. While we didn't dine there the attractive bar/restaurant looked ideal for events, etc. They still have room keys here instead of the swipe cards. While they don't have a parking lot, plenty of street parking is available and meters don't apply between 6pm - 9am. There's also a nearby lot for a nominal daily fee ($5 I think).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 August 2013

A good friend of mine told me to check out Hotel Tarrymore for my wedding weekend on August 3rd. After touring with the very nice girl at the front desk I was sold. This hotel has everything you are looking for during a long stay. I told my family and we were able to book almost the entire hotel from Thursday to Monday. We had all of the rooms surrounding the atrium, which made it the hang out place all weekend with it's spacious living room and kitchen area. The suites all have large living room spaces, bathrooms and bedrooms. The atrium was the perfect place to get ready with my 6 bridesmaids, mom and grandmother all while having our photographer, make up artist and hair stylist there and we still could've fit more in! I can't imagine getting ready anywhere else. My photographer took amazing photos and they have become some of the most talked about pictures in my wedding album. The make up artist commented on how great the lighting was for make up. We had several people come back to the hotel with us between the ceremony and reception and they all wish they could've stayed there. Since we were staying there for 5 days and 4 nights it was great having the full kitchens in each suite. We were able to go grocery shopping and truly feel like we were at home while staying at Hotel Tarrymore. If you are planning a wedding and are looking for a great place to get ready I strongly recommend that you book at Hotel Tarrymore and use the atrium. Also if you are just planning to come to Wilmington to do some sight seeing then Hotel Tarrymore has a great location, just a block from all the restaurants and shopping that you're looking for! The staff was amazing and were always very polite and helpful. Hotel Tarrymore is where you want/need to stay in downtown Wilmington.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed five nights in the Scotts Hill suite at the Hotel Tarrymore during our vacation. "Sweet", we said when we saw our accommodations. A king and queen bed, 2 baths, full kitchen and parlor in the middle of historic Wilmington. The rooms were furnished with impeccable taste. The mattresses are high end (Four Seasons quality). The kitchen has granite countertops and is fully equipped if you so choose.
The owner Jeff essentially built the hotel from scratch a few years ago and is justifiably proud of his creation. We used to stay at Four Seasons, Intercontinental and Fairmount properties until the cost of having a separate room for our teenage son became a non starter. After awhile those world class hotel types disappoint; there's hundreds of rooms with Sultans and more important guests than the family on vacation.The Hotel Tarrymore has eight suites I believe. The place has personality ,that Bed /Breakfast vibe without the inevitable wierdness.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nigel F
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My husband and I got a chance to get away with friends and found the reviews on this site were very helpful. Our room was lovely and clean. Theodora & Chris gave fantastic suggestions for meals. Great location and blueberry muffins! We will return & refer others to them!

Room Tip: Love the skylight above the shower! Atrium access rooms could be noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We were in Wilmington to visit my ill Mother just before she passed and I have to say that without a doubt, the Hotel Tarrymore went above and beyond to accommodate our needs with a few suites for my siblings and me. We explained to Chris that we were not sure how long we would need rooms because of our situation with our Mom and he could not have been nicer to us. We called them from her hospital room looking for a place to stay that first night and he was just great. We would stay at the Hotel Tarrymore again in a minute. The hotel is right in downtown Wilmington and it’s small and quaint and full of character, but still had everything we needed and more. Coffee and tea downstairs in the morning, within walking distance to get a bite to eat and the rooms had kitchens, a dining area and a couch! And we had rocking chairs just outside each room to relax on the veranda in the morning or evening. Chris was very attentive and always asked about our Mom. I felt like we were staying with family. Thank you Chris and the owners of Hotel Tarrymore for helping us get through a tough time with your kindness. It won’t be forgotten! I highly recommend this lovely boutique hotel for your stay in Wilmington. It has so much more character than a run of the mill chain hotel! Lisa, TJ and our families.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2013

As Father-of-the-Bride, I didn't do a whole lot of the planning for my daughter's wedding and the activities surrounding it. As a result, I got to enjoy the experience and just take it all in. For most of the attendees, including our family, this was a out-of-town wedding. We had the entire hotel for friends and family and held the wedding reception in the ballroom and Press 102. The facilities were very nice, very clean, and very well-maintained. The staff could not have been more helpful. From "Chef Jeff", the proprietor and head chef, down to the housekeepers, we were very well taken care of.

Overall, our friends and family were all very impressed and enjoyed the experience a great deal. The location put everything downtown within easy walking distance and everyone had plenty to do. From my perspective, I felt the value we received for the cost of everything was excellent.

Room Tip: I was in several of the rooms. They were all very nice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeff W
Reviewed 9 May 2013

The hotel Tarrymore was some awesome and accommodating for my friend's wedding. The rooms were adorable and had everything one would need. The staff was great and super friendly. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wanted a great place and location to stay in downtown Wilmington.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends