“Great deal with a groupon!”

David's Deli & Restaurant
Ranked #139 of 673 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Springfield, Missouri
“Great deal with a groupon!”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We bought the groupon for breakfast for four for $20. What you get is anything you want with $20 off your bill. No catch or restricted menu. Service was good and the food all came as ordered. Very tasty rye toast and great pancakes. I would recommend for breakfast even without the groupon. Prices were very reasonable.

Visited May 2013

Lebanon, Pennsylvania
“Good burgers”
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Local place that was recommened, good service and nice selection of burger options. Fast service in relaxed atmosphere.

Visited February 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Now Serving Breakfast (not)”
Reviewed 17 December 2012

We were hoping to find breakfast and were told by a friend to try David's. We were excited to pull up and see a large sign reading "Now Serving Breakfast". We went in at 10:49am and saw a sign indicating that breakfast is served until 10:45am. We asked if we could still get breakfast and were told no. After telling her that we would look at the lunch menu, another waitress handed us the breakfast menu and informed us that they would serve breakfast if we wished. We clearly then heard an in depth conversation in the back involving the waitress and cook about the specific time that breakfast should cease to be served and that there should be absolutely no leeway. We opted for lunch for fear the cook may take his frustrations out on our breakfast...
We started with mozzarella sticks. Average and tasted like any from any restaurant.
I forget the name of the burger I had but it had mozzarella marinara sauce on it. The waitress asked if I wanted lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions, ketchup and mustard. Not having one of these burgers before, I said "sure". Little did I know that the burger should be ordered just the way it is on the menu and the waitress should know that. The burger was good. The mozzarella was actually fried mozzarella sticks. The homemade chips were good and came with ranch dressing. Most were pretty crispy. Maybe they could perfect their process a little to prevent them form being a bit greasy and soggy.
My wife had the French Dip. It was only half of a sub roll, yet for the price it should have been a full size sub. It was average. The roast beef seemed to be fried. She had a similar experience with the chips.
The staff was outwardly polite. We did here their disappointment in the kitchen.
The restaurant was clean as were the restrooms.
Nothing fancy about the decor.
Overall the food was good. Maybe a bit overpriced.
We did notice the sign still up when we left and now assume that maybe it meant they hadn't had a breakfast menu and now serve breakfast.

• Visited December 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Nice meal, reasonable prices”
Reviewed 31 August 2011

I actually ate there twice during a recent trip to Wilmington. The first time I had the prime rib sandwich with the homemade chips, I thought the food was good and the portion was just right. The second time I had a burger which was almost more than I could eat. The atmosphere is very casual and the wait staff both times were very attentive. The food was served fresh and hot.

During our second visit we heard some laughing at another table when their food came out so we looked to see what was so funny. Apparently the father ordered a large sandwich and it ended up being quite a bit larger than he had anticipated. They ended up with a few "To Go" boxes.

When I am in Wilmington again, I would like try to some of their other foods to see if they are as good as what I've had.

• Visited August 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Average”
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Nothing too special here -- you can find a decent bite to eat in a pretty chill atmosphere, but the food isn't much to write home about. Menu had an okay selection. I wasn't disappointed, but wasn't impressed, either. You can probably find a better place to eat in the area, but this place isn't a terrible choice

• Visited June 2011