“Another great Hampton”

Hampton Inn Wilmington Medical Park
Ranked #6 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
“Another great Hampton”
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

Another clean Hampton Inn. Some signs that they are still renovating, but everything for the better. Clean rooms and lobby. Close proximity to major routes, so convenient for business travel. Breakfast was good and staff friendly.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Jumperwire

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed this hotel. The comforters were thick and I love that! Newly remodeled too. Cookies and popcorn in the evening. The breakfast was yummy and the breakfast staff was fab. Large dining area with plenty of tables and chairs which was nice. No wait for elevators either. The front desk guys were a bit snippy but ok. My only complaint was the fitness room. The heat was on so we almost passed out and for a hotel this size, it should have been much bigger. There was only 1 treadmill and 1 elliptical machine. 2 prices of equipment? So you need to get there early. Location is not close to shopping or fancy restaurants but nice location nonetheless.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank CMichelleB
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 March 2013

This Hampton Inn is quite large by Hampton standards. I arrived late (11:00pm) and the parking lot was very full and I had quite a walk to the hotel from the far end of the parking lot.

Nevertheless, the hotel was acceptable for my needs for a single overnight stay with an early checkout. The coffee was hot in the morning and the HHonors points posted promptly; not much more you could want out of a Hampton Inn!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Northern Virginia
Reviewed 25 March 2013

This is a great location if you are visiting Wilmington. It was easy to reach the downtown, historical sites, and the airport. Since the hotel is close to the Medical Park you will find that it is full of (mostly) elderly guests, so the noise level is very low. I was impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel.
A nice touch is the removal of the old bedspreads and their replacement with European-style duvets. The hotel makes sure that you are aware that the duvet covers are laundered daily (as opposed to the old bedspread). Like many travelers one of my first actions in a hotel is to pull the bedspread onto the floor and kick it into a corner. That's no longer necessary.
There was a large breakfast in the morning, with plenty of non-meat food to choose from. The coffee was decaf, regular, and "bold." The bold was reasonably close to a real cup of coffee.

Room Tip: Since the hotel is close to a medical center many guests are elderly. Ask for a room on a higher flo...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Snailkite
North Carolina
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We often stay at Hampton or some other hotel in the Hilton chain, but this was my first stay at this particular hotel. I had two rooms reserved for a very short over-night stay, and we were pleased with the location and the hotel itself. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast, though continental-style, included some premade omelets which were good and sausage patties, also good. There were also pre-made waffles that tasted fine, but were a little tough. Good coffee, both at breakfast and in the rooms. And the room coffee maker was NOT in the bathroom, but on the counter by the kitchenette sink and microwave. That's a big plus for me because so many hotels (Marriotts particularly) seem to think it's a good idea to put the coffee maker on the bathroom counter...very unsanitary.
For this particular stay in Wilmington, we were visiting our new preemie nephew at the wonderful Women and Children's Hospital located just down the street. This hotel is an excellent location for those needing access to New Hanover hospital, and is in a nice area near really anything one could need during a stay. It was also easy to reach from both I-40 and Hwy. 76. Good restaurants are in close proximity as well. It's a little drive if you want to go out to Wrightsville Beach, but not too far. Also fairly close to Carolina Beach and to the riverfront area of Wilmington. It happens to be fairly near the area in which our relatives now live, so we'll be staying here more in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sittingonready
Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

The hotel was impeccably clean. Newly redecorated and our room was spacious and had fresh scent. The beds were very comfortable and had a great nights sleep. The only downside to our experience was the front desk night staff. When we walked in the man at front desk didn't greet us and seemed almost annoyed that we walked in. I hate to even mention it, but he was so rude when we asked about using our AARP to receive a discount and even said that if they gave discounts to everyone they wouldn't make any money. Other then this guy, the rest of the staff were friendly and kept the breakfast bar stocked and clean. We would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Rockingham, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I stayed at Hampton Inn for two days during a Conference in Wilmington. This hotel is about 15 minutes away from the Convention Center. I didn't take any housekeeping services during my stay but the rooms was clean. Not sure why there were hand-written sticky notes on the headboard saying the comforters were clean but thought that is something different. All the amenities required for the trip was there except I wasn't able to get internet connection but after the long day at the conference I didn't care much so I didn't even bring it up to the front desk. In fact that made me rest well. Breakfast had too many healthy choices. Being in hotel business myself for 20 years, I guess I appreciate all the services I get when I am wearing the tourist shoes. To me, as a guest, all I need is a welcome with a smile, a comfortable bed and decent breakfast. I got all three. I am happy.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business