“Great Place”

Hampton Inn Wilmington Medical Park
Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We stayed here because I read that it was very clean and was close to downtown and the Riverwalk. They also participated in the triple points promotion.The hotel was very nice and it was very quiet where we were. Very easy to get to the downtown.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInnMedPark, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Wilmington Medical Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate the great feedback from our guests. We are happy to be so conveniently close to downtown, yet not as expensive as some of those hotels seem to be. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

My first time in Wilmington, and I was please with the location and quality of the Hampton Inn at Medical Park. And, the manager was having chicken wings and beers from 5-7 pm that night. How nice. This Hampton was typical Hampton- not opulent, but everything was nice. I'd definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your great review. We love hearing great things about our hotel! We look forward to having you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I love Hampton Inn Hotels and stay there whenever possible. For this trip I was traveling with my daughter so we were looking for a safe location. I am not familiar with Wilmington but know it has good and bad areas. I called the hotel before booking and the gentleman described the area well so I could make an informed decision. (Good!) Also, because we were 10 minutes away from Historic Wilmington, the cost of the hotel was 1/2 that of locations downtown. We did have to drive through a shady neighborhood to reach this hotel from the main street but it was okay.

The staff was all very friendly and helpful - providing me with driving directions for the next day. Breakfast was good - well stocked, clean area, fresh food -- and it was crowded.

My only complaint is that the rooms were very humid - which meant we had to either turn the A/C down and be cold, or turn the temp up and be damp. The bigger concern is that due to the humidity, our bathroom walls had mold in the corners. I didn't see it at first or I would have asked to switch rooms. By the time I did see it, we had unpacked and showered for bed. Clearly, the hotel needs to consider a dehumidifier or something to reduce the moisture and prevent mold. The cleaning staff also needs to look at the corners of the walls to ensure issues are addressed before a guest has to report it. I did tell the front desk girl the next morning and she thanked me for reporting it so it could be addressed. But, yuck.

I am not sure I'll be traveling to Wilmington again but if I did, I am not sure I'd stay at that particular Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We do take all of our complaints under advisement and your review was passed along to our General Manager. We are very sorry that your stay was not up to your, or our, standards. We hope you will return in the future and give us a chance to be the highlight of your trip.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I Lived at this property for about 2 months in 2013. It's a Hampton, and a very nice Hampton. Rooms are spacious, neat, and clean. Housekeeping was very good - prompt, efficient & friendly. All the rooms I stayed in had fridges & microwaves. Great manager's receptions on Tuesdays & Thursdays. The best feature of this location is the desk staff - efficient, friendly & helpful. Patti is a gem - she greets you with a smile & will greet you by name when you return. She goes out of her way to be helpful, and is always cheerful - talk about making you feel welcomed & valued as a guest! She & her colleague Josh know the area well & can recommend sights, events, locations, and restaurants.

I can highly recommend this Hampton!

Room Tip: Even number rooms face the rear (west). Guest laundry is on 2nd floor. Get there by 5 PM for fresh...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

This review is in reference to the Hampton Inn on Old Eastwood Rd. They do a great job over there and we love having them as part of the Hampton Family!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Old motel but kept up well. Helpful and friendly staff. Closest to Medical Center where my wife was having surgery. They lack an area map with stores in area. Nice restaurant on Shipwreck is Henrys. Good food and friendly staff. Bath tub needs non slip mat or surface. Wi-fi works well in room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay overall. We did have an issue with delivery of our area maps and apologize for the inconvenience. We hope that you will return to see us and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Lovely accommodations, convenient location, accessible and free parking, courteous reception staff, generous breakfast was a real winner, excellent housekeeping staff, would certainly return to Hampton Inn upon my visit to the Wilmington NC area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review. We take great pride in our customer service as well as our accommodations and we love when it shows. We look forward to having you back in the future.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We stayed at the hotel last weekend and were very pleased with the hotel staff, our room, and the price. The continental breakfast had a lot to choose from and the breakfast area was warm and inviting.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your great review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again.