“Extremely Nice Hotel for the Value!”

Hampton Inn Wilmington Medical Park
Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We lost power due to an ice storm and needed a hotel quick on Valentine's Day weekend. They were not only very accommodating but our room was wonderful. The beds and bathroom were very clean. The breakfast in the morning was very tasty with a wide selection.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInnMedPark, Supervisor at Hampton Inn Wilmington Medical Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy we were able to help to provide accomodations to the local residents who were in need of a place to stay due to the storm we had. We are delighted you enjoyed your accomodations with us, and please keep us in mind should you be in need of a place to stay again in the area!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Would have slept better on the floor. Beds were like sleeping on springs and the duvets were full of lumps. I don't recommend this place to anyone who is traveling in Wilmington, NC. We had to be close to the hospital and had horrible night with little sleep. Breakfast was good but that still did not make up for the sleepless night.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInnMedPark, Supervisor at Hampton Inn Wilmington Medical Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your experience at our property. We strive to provide the best accomodations for our guests to make their stay as comfortable as possible. We are sorry we were unable to meet your expectations during your visit.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

I had a wonderful experience at this hotel. It was clean, the staff was extremely accommodating and pleasant from the second I walked in to the second I left. The complimentary breakfast exceeded my expectations and I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInnMedPark, Supervisor at Hampton Inn Wilmington Medical Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on your experience at our property! We strive to provide the best possible service, and we are delighted we met your expectations! Please keep us in mind next time you are visiting the area!

Reviewed 5 February 2014

nice hotel nice area with plenty of things to do hotel is great very nice rooms and great staff would return to this hotel Wilmington is a great area like the beaches and dining areas room was very clean and breakfast was good I would recommend family o stay here again

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on your experience at our hotel. We are delighted you were happy with your accomodations, as well as the attractions this beautiful city has to offer. Please keep us in mind next time you are visiting the area!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I asked for two queens on the bottom floor when I made my reservation and as a diamond member, normally I can get this if it is available. When I arrived, there was a couple in front of me asking for a room on the bottom floor and the front desk lady said .. Yes, we have one left and ... there went my room ack. When I told her that I had called in advance and requested the rooms she had just given away, she at first said it was not in my notes. When I pulled out a copy of my reservation with the request.. she then magically saw the note. Everyone makes mistakes but a simple oops I'm sorry would have gone a long way to making the situation better for me personally. And ... the comforters are lumpy as another reviewer pointed out.

On a positive note, the parking was great and well lit.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
HamptonInnMedPark, Supervisor at Hampton Inn Wilmington Medical Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on your experience with us. We apologize you were not happy with your accomodations at our property. We do our best to accomodate all special requests from our guests, but unfortuantely when reservations are made for the same day, we do not recieve notice we received a new reservation, and when we have several reservations due to come in, we do not always notice when a new reservation has been made in our system. Your reservation did state you requested a lower floor, however it did not state a 1st floor room was required. 1st and 2nd floors are considered lower floors at our property, and 3rd and 4th are considered higher, and we were able to accomodate a 2nd floor room for you. All reservations with special requests for floor preferences are requests, and are not guaranteed, unless you contact the hotel and speak to a respresentative directly whom is able to guarantee you such a thing over the phone. Reservations were made online, and not directly with us, and because they do not have access to our computer system to see specific rooms that are occupied, they would be unable to guarantee a certain floor/section for you. The representative on duty did apologize for the inconvenience, and offered to upgrade you to a deluxe king room with a pullout sofabed, however, you declined that option, as you stated you needed 2 beds in the room, as you were travelling with your son, and did not want him to sleep on a pullout. We did our best to make your stay as comfortable as possible, and we are sorry we were unable to provide that to you. If you will be visiting the hotel in the future, please contact us directly to make the reservation, or if you do it online, please contact us after the reservation is made to advise us of any special requests you may have for your reservation. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn!

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Most people think a Hampton Inn is just a cookie-cutter experience. We stay in them all the time. But the attitude of the staff, really makes a memorable difference. This hotel provided the best customer service of any Hampton Inn or Hilton we've ever stayed at.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInnMedPark, Front Desk Supervisor at Hampton Inn Wilmington Medical Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience of your stay with us! Wow!! We really appreciate the kind words you had written about our hotel and staff. We strive to provide exceptional service to all of our guests, and are delighted you are so happy with the service you received here. We look forward to seeing you again next time you visit the area!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I would stay here again the staff was real friendly and very helpful. They also gave direction to were I wanted to dine out at and was knowledgeable of the area. I enjoyed my stay and the hotel sits in an area were you are not far from anything.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you in the future!