“Somewhat disappointed”

Ranked #28 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Virginia
“Somewhat disappointed”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Have stayed at the Jameson several times over the course of the last year and half. Always clean, great staff, good breakfast and just overall a great place without killing your budget. This time was a little different..stayed with my family for Father's Day weekend and I have one suggestion. This is a pet friendly hotel which is great...I don't travel with mine but it's great that they allow pets as I know they are like family. But maybe set aside certain rooms for pets and some rooms without. I have allergies and they flared up the entire weekend. Kept getting a smell on occasion....not all the time from the air conditioner...smelled like a either a strong disinfectant or a urine. So just a suggestion that they do not put guests without pets in rooms where there have been pets. I will definitely stay again but will be mindful to check out the room first.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Bermuda Run, NC
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I booked an Express Deal thru Priceline. The Jameson Inn is the hotel I ended up with. After booking I immediately called the hotel to book double beds in a non smoking room. They would not, under any circumstances, guarantee this for me. I understand that it is Priceline's policy that this could be the case, but I have booked at least 10 other hotels thru their site and have NEVER had a problem with this. Due to the bad reviews I read, and their lack of customer service, I ended up not even using my reservation. Will not take any chances in the future like this and definitely would not willing choose to book at the Jameson Inn.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
1 Thank kristi1981
jam108, General Manager at Jameson Inn Wilmington, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Dear Kristi_n_barg,

I understand your frustration through your comments regarding the Jameson Inn Wilmington. When booking the Express Deals through Priceline, it does state that the room will accommodate up to 2 people and that bed type & smoking preference cannot be guaranteed and that you can contact the hotel to place any requests. We do put in all requests and do our best to honor those; however, we simply cannot guarantee room types & smoking preferences unless reservations are booked directly with the hotel or through our website. We receive many requests through the Priceline bookings and have limited rooms available to be able to honor them all. I am sorry that you did not use your reservation. We did honor your request ; as we try to do whenever possible and feel sure you would have enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Good location. Booked through Priceline so we got a good rate.
Breakfast bar was nice.
The rooms need updating... especially the carpet and upholstered recliner.
Unfortunately the first night we had a problem with the cleanliness of the sheets... we called the front desk to alert them of the problem and they brought up a fresh set of sheets within 5 minutes... wasn't happy that I had to make the bed up myself at 11:00 at night.

Dear Crowhill,

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay with us. First off, let me apologize for the mishap concerning your bed sheets. I am sorry if there was a cleanliness issue regarding your linen and have addressed this with my housekeeping staff. I am glad that my desk staff responded quickly with fresh linen; however, I am sorry that they did not change the bed for you and have addressed this as well. I am pleased that you enjoyed our location & breakfast bar.

We are going to be receiving new carpet and some furnishings during the coming months so that we may continue to upgrade our hotel for our valued guests. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Morrisville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I recently stayed here through a hotwire deal. I was very pleased. The staff was friendly and location was convenient. The room was nothing out of the ordinary. But it was clean and a decent size. Also I liked that there was both a microwave and minfridge in the room. Bed was comfortable but the pillows were too small. Breakfast was a bit basic, but there was everything you might need. Including fruit, pastries, and boiled eggs. Overall a very good experience, especially given the price.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank DavidN345
jam108, General Manager at Jameson Inn Wilmington, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear Davidn345

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel after your recent stay. We are pleased you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable and appreciated our friendly staff and location. We will take into advisement your comments regarding our breakfast & pillows and will take measures to improve in these areas. We hope to serve you again in the future.

Wendell, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This hotel was very clean and had comfortable beds. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is right near Market street which made it convenient to just about everything. There is also a a target, Walmart, and several restaurants nearby.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tritons2012
Dear Tritons2012

We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed our clean, comfortable rooms and the convenience of our location. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Refused to guarantee a bed request prior to arrival! I am a customer service manager for a living and find it appalling that once a person has paid for their room they cannot tell you until you arrive what size bed/beds you will get! This should be a "first come first served situation" and they do not book that way. Never again!

Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Yanksgrl
Dear Yanksgrl

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry that you were not pleased with our policy regarding room type selections; however, we do guarantee bed types & smoking preferences when the reservations are made directly with the hotel or through the Jameson Inn website. When rooms are booked through third party web sites or promotional rate programs, we simply cannot guarantee the bed type or smoking preference of the room as these are assigned on the day of arrival based on what is available at the hotel. We do hope that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to serving you in the future.

Lillington
Reviewed 30 April 2013

The woman at the front desk was fantastic. She checked us in quickly and even gave us a map to get to the Johnny Mercer Pier in Wrightsville Beach. The rooms were fantastic and extremely clean even for a smoking room which we requested and they gave to us with no problems. The lady working the third floor cleaning was absolutely a sweetheart. The hotel was easy to find, no issues at all. The location is fantastic in that this hotel is near EVERYTHING!!!! The Inn was quiet for the most part. The continental breakfast was to die for. It had anything you could think of. The waffles were really good. Will be back. Loved it.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends