Jameson Inn Wilmington
Wingate by Wyndham Wilmington(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$114
Homewood
Sleep Inn(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$85
SleepInn
Best Western Plus Coastline Inn(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$158
BestWestern.com
Staybridge Suites Wilmington East(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$86
HIExpress.com
US$131
Hampton.com
All reviewswafflesboiled eggscontinental breakfast iswaffle housequiet locationbed was comfortableenjoyable staywrightsville beachstaff was friendlypetcerealfurniturenc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The price was right and the location was ideal. Apart from that, the hotel is nothing special. The room I got had a fridge and microwave, which was nice. You can walk to shopping and restaurants, including a Target right across the street. The breakfast was not very good, and the breakfast area was pretty dirty. The staff is always sitting behind the desk on the internet, and usually engaged in a personal conversation and will not acknowledge you right away. On one occasion, I left my key in the room and had to get a new one. The guy at the desk did not ask to check my ID, didn't even ask my name! Scary because anyone could have gotten a key to my room. May consider staying here again if I get the same deal and priceline puts me here again, but probably wouldn't choose it on my own or recommend to anyone. The fairfield down the road is MUCH nicer.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank offB
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Nice Place and pet friendly. Neet, organized and we'll kept. Staff is very nice. Handeled reservation problem for a suite with two adjoining rooms without my asking. I'm impressed. Good breakfast , standard waffles and hb eggs. Clean and fresh. Needs new carpeting which I think is in the works. This hotel and staff is a win win. You won't be disappointed.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I booked a room on Priceline & was looking for a cheap, decent stay. I was pleasantly surprised. While the hotel is a bit dated, our room was clean & had all the working niceties. There were some carpet stains in the hallways & some scuff marks on our room walls, but those don't bother me. The water pressure in the shower was a little lacking too. The pool looked nice, but we didn't use it. The free breakfast was very good. Waffle makers seem to be the highlight, but they also had instant oatmeal, bagels, coffee, tea, apple & orange juice, milk, cereal, microwavable sausage biscuits, apples, hard boiled eggs, muffins & bread for toast. The staff we dealt with was very courteous & helpful. All in all, for the price, this was an excellent hotel & I would recommend them.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank NReakes
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Realizing it’s difficult to keep the public happy, most of my reviews accentuate the positive while minimizing the negative. I compliment people who seem to be doing their best. But I’m disappointed to say this location is so far below Jameson Inn standards that it will be negative.

Where to begin…
-- At check in, the desk clerk was on the phone (no problem with that). But it was clearly a personal call, using the F-bomb while I, the guest was 3 feet away. When the clerk ended the call, he did speak in a very professional manner and welcomed me. But apparently vulgar language is now consider acceptable with guests nearby.
-- I was immediately notified that they gave our room away -- even after we had called FOUR times spread throughout the day to remind that we were arriving very late, but our non-smoking, pre-paid room was to be kept for us. And we had been assured it would be there upon arrival.
-- The clerk said the only “clean” room left was a suite, and they’d upgrade us free. It was supposedly a nonsmoking king, but it didn’t have the “Non smoking” icon outside the door, as many other rooms in the hotel did.
-- The suite reeked heavily of deodorizer, as if trying to mask some smell. (Possibly from someone smoking in the room.) We complained the next morning to the assistant manager. We were asked why we didn’t contact the desk clerk immediately to be moved to yet-another, different room, if the suite was not up to standard. We replied that it was because had been told at check in that there were no other clean, non smoking rooms available.
-- There were obvious stains in three different places on the carpet near the kitchenette area, and on the chairs in the main room. Not appealing to think of what else was on the carpet or furniture that one couldn’t see (i.e. under cushions) Makes one wonder what the overly-deodorized scent was there to mask.
-- There was only half a roll of toilet paper on the dispenser, with no extra roll available. The holder was falling out of the wall.
-- There were no wash cloths for shower or bathing.
-- There was an unsightly gel-like substance in the kitchenette drain; obviously wasn’t cleaned from the last guest.
-- The carpeting was waffled in the entrance to the bedroom - from the sitting area. Possible hazard for tripping and insurance concerns.
-- There were food pieces under one of the end tables, and loads of white fuzzy things all over the main room carpet, as if it had not been vacuumed.
-- The furniture was surprisingly worn for a Jameson Inn. The table in the sitting room looked as if the wood on the base was split open.
-- The mini-fridge freezer compartment had stuff laying atop the ice tray like something had spilled in there. Yuck!
-- The drapes were not hung on corners so they didn’t keep the morning light out. There was actually blue painter/masking tape on it, as if someone had tried to tape the drapes closed. Since we had arrived very late, we needed to sleep-in; it didn’t happen.
-- We asked the assistant manager for a late check out to accommodate a business meeting. We needed until 1:30 pm, but were only granted to 1:00 pm - didn’t help much.
-- Even with a confirmed 1:00 pm checkout, the maid service still knocked at 11 am (while a Do Not Disturb sign was hung), and while the only room occupant was in the shower (of course!).
-- At 9 am, the breakfast area floor was sticky in several places, not from an occasional spill, but more like the floor hadn’t been cleaned in quite a while. Went back to food area around 12:15 pm and floor was still the same, although the breakfast foods were removed & trash bins emptied.
-- If any fruit, yogurt or other expected Jameson amenities were there earlier, all were gone by 9 am. Of the two waffle irons, one only cooked about half-way, leaving the waffle gummy & inedible in the middle.
-- This last comment isn’t about attentive staff, it’s about design, yet it amazes me -- the clothes rack was mounted directly above the right side of the bed! When hangars with clothing were hung, you immediately hit your head on the clothing (and the hangar itself) while getting out of bed! Seriously? Walking from the end-table past the bed towards the bathroom, there was about 5 inches of space between the bed and the hanging clothes. I’m fairly thin but I didn’t fit! In a very large suite, that’s where they placed the wall-hung clothing rack? Really?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank ThePaladinKnight
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This is the second time I've stayed at the Jameson Inn in Wilmington, North Carolina. The last time was about three years ago. While I would again rate the quality of my stay as above average, my rating this time is somewhat lower than last time. This motel is in need of some tender loving care. There were many stains on the carpets of the second floor. Water could not be retained in the sink in my room. Much of the woodwork and walls had marks. In addition, this motel may be understaffed. Both mornings the two trash cans in the breakfast area were overflowing, but they were not emptied either day during the 30 minutes I was in the breakfast area. The bed is my room was very comfortable and the location was quiet. The fitness center is small but adequate, although it is in a separate building, which could be somewhat of a problem on a cold day. All of the equipment appeared to be in excellent condition. This motel is on a quiet cul-de-sac but is within easy walking distance of about 10 other motels, as well as shopping at Target, Marshall's, and other stores. Nearby restaurants include Chick-fil-a, Bonefish Grill, Hooters, Waffle House, Arby's, Dunkin' Donuts, and Olive Garden. The Jameson Inn is well located within Wilmington. It is a short drive from downtown, the university, the beaches, and most other locations you would probably want to visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family