“Great Location and Cozy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Stemmerman's Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilmington
Stemmerman's Inn
Ranked #6 of 17 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Stafford, Virginia
“Great Location and Cozy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

My husband and I didn't know what to expect when we booked a room here, but have to say it exceeded our expectations! Michael, the manager was extremely welcoming, helpful, and concerned that our stay was as pleasant as he could make it. The room was immaculate, well decorated, and the brick walls added a feeling of historical coziness. The location on Front Street put us within a very short walking distance of all the great downtown restaurants and activities. I can't imagine considering another place to stay on our next trip to Wilmington! Thank you Michael for taking such good care of us.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Our bridal party stayed at Stemmerman’s Inn for our wedding weekend. The rooms were all clean and nicely decorated and we had the entire place to ourselves. Our wedding was next door at 128 South, so the convenience of everyone getting ready at Stemmerman’s was just what we were looking for. The location was perfect and Michael was the best host. I got ready in Suite 7 and could see the decorations going up on the deck and our guests starting to arrive. It was so exciting!

Janna at 128 South brought leftover food and all of our wedding gifts back to the room following the reception. It was perfect and so seamlessly organized between Stemmerman's Inn and 128 South.

Thanks for the wonderful memories! Can’t wait to visit again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

My friend and I stayed here for one night for a short getaway. We stayed in suite 2 which has 2 double beds in the upstairs loft area with a bathroom, kitchenette and living room downstairs. Before our stay I contacted the owner, Mr Michael, who was more than happy to accommodate our early arrival time. Upon arriving at the hotel, Mr Michael was extremely welcoming and made us feel right at home, recommending restaurants and places to see nearby. The location of the inn is perfect - right near the river walk and the historic downtown area. The room itself was stunning, very clean, and the bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on. The muffins and orange juice in the fridge were a nice touch as well. The only problem we had was that the shower ran out of hot water after one and a half showers, had we known there was a limit I wouldn't have taken so much time. But other than that I don't have a bad word to say about the hotel. I would most definitely stay here again and would recommend the place to anyone visiting wilmington.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank sophilly21
NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Booked into here via a work function, instead of the standard hotel offerings. I was skeptical at first. Any fears were quickly put to rest. The service was extremely friendly. The location is close to most everything, but just enough off the beaten track to be restful. The rooms are located upstairs, and I mean those lengthy old-timey historical district flight of stairs, well above the street level noises of cars and foot traffic. And even then, the suites are two level, with the sleeping areas situated in the loft portion of the suite (essentially a third floor), further removed from any noises outside. Wi-fi had 3 options to choose from, and speed was fine throughout the stay. Only major drawback from a regular hotel stay was the lack of an ice machine. Otherwise, a perfect stay at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: River view rooms are quietest, but street view rooms not that loud really.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

I found the Stemmerman's Inn online and it turned out to be a great place to stay. The Inn was located in a very convenient location near the heart of downtown Wilmington. There is a plethora of dining options close by and Mr. Michael will be more than happy to tell you his personal favorites and recommendations. We stayed in suite 4 which was very well furnished and turned out to be exceptional. There was a side view of the USS North Carolina and the river as well as a portion of South Front Street. The service was great and I will definitely be returning in the future. It is important to note that the walls are very thin and I actually brought my own box fan to keep in the car in case there were any noises that I wanted to tune out in the night. It turned out to not be a problem at all though!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

My second stay at Stemmerman's this year. I stayed in the summer for a weekend and directly before Christmas. Stemmerman's show consistent excellence! The rooms are wonderful, cozy and comfortable. Michael is a treasure.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dewanahartley
New Bern, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

I had seen Stemmermans Inn online and it looked like a great place-cozy and convenient.
It is downtown Wilmington and you can walk to a number of shops and resturants. It was
very nice. Had a small kitchen and loft bedroom. Only TV upstairs in bedroom though it
was a really nice flat screen. There is a deck out back where you can see the river.
The front desk person was very helpful with our luggage and information about places
nearby. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: There are no elevators and all rooms upstairs.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple