“Wonderful Stay”
Review of Stemmerman's Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilmington
Stemmerman's Inn
Ranked #6 of 18 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Stemmerman's is beautiful, clean and welcoming. Luxury and comfort. Mr Michael is an excellent manager/host, friendly and knowledgeable. Personalized service - ask a question, get a thorough answer. Problems? I doubt it - but if so, I'm confident you'd be helped immediately.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Due to a late ferry we arrived late but Michael waited for us and greeted us warmly, the room was clean and we enjoyed our stay right in the heart of the lot town. Parking was just a couple of minutes away in the Inn's lot and with just a short walk down to the river we had plenty to do during our stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My husband and I didn't know what to expect when we booked a room here, but have to say it exceeded our expectations! Michael, the manager was extremely welcoming, helpful, and concerned that our stay was as pleasant as he could make it. The room was immaculate, well decorated, and the brick walls added a feeling of historical coziness. The location on Front Street put us within a very short walking distance of all the great downtown restaurants and activities. I can't imagine considering another place to stay on our next trip to Wilmington! Thank you Michael for taking such good care of us.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Our bridal party stayed at Stemmerman’s Inn for our wedding weekend. The rooms were all clean and nicely decorated and we had the entire place to ourselves. Our wedding was next door at 128 South, so the convenience of everyone getting ready at Stemmerman’s was just what we were looking for. The location was perfect and Michael was the best host. I got ready in Suite 7 and could see the decorations going up on the deck and our guests starting to arrive. It was so exciting!

Janna at 128 South brought leftover food and all of our wedding gifts back to the room following the reception. It was perfect and so seamlessly organized between Stemmerman's Inn and 128 South.

Thanks for the wonderful memories! Can’t wait to visit again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My friend and I stayed here for one night for a short getaway. We stayed in suite 2 which has 2 double beds in the upstairs loft area with a bathroom, kitchenette and living room downstairs. Before our stay I contacted the owner, Mr Michael, who was more than happy to accommodate our early arrival time. Upon arriving at the hotel, Mr Michael was extremely welcoming and made us feel right at home, recommending restaurants and places to see nearby. The location of the inn is perfect - right near the river walk and the historic downtown area. The room itself was stunning, very clean, and the bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on. The muffins and orange juice in the fridge were a nice touch as well. The only problem we had was that the shower ran out of hot water after one and a half showers, had we known there was a limit I wouldn't have taken so much time. But other than that I don't have a bad word to say about the hotel. I would most definitely stay here again and would recommend the place to anyone visiting wilmington.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank sophilly21
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Booked into here via a work function, instead of the standard hotel offerings. I was skeptical at first. Any fears were quickly put to rest. The service was extremely friendly. The location is close to most everything, but just enough off the beaten track to be restful. The rooms are located upstairs, and I mean those lengthy old-timey historical district flight of stairs, well above the street level noises of cars and foot traffic. And even then, the suites are two level, with the sleeping areas situated in the loft portion of the suite (essentially a third floor), further removed from any noises outside. Wi-fi had 3 options to choose from, and speed was fine throughout the stay. Only major drawback from a regular hotel stay was the lack of an ice machine. Otherwise, a perfect stay at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: River view rooms are quietest, but street view rooms not that loud really.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I found the Stemmerman's Inn online and it turned out to be a great place to stay. The Inn was located in a very convenient location near the heart of downtown Wilmington. There is a plethora of dining options close by and Mr. Michael will be more than happy to tell you his personal favorites and recommendations. We stayed in suite 4 which was very well furnished and turned out to be exceptional. There was a side view of the USS North Carolina and the river as well as a portion of South Front Street. The service was great and I will definitely be returning in the future. It is important to note that the walls are very thin and I actually brought my own box fan to keep in the car in case there were any noises that I wanted to tune out in the night. It turned out to not be a problem at all though!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple