I love this place. It is just a couple of blocks from River Walk and so many great restaurants and attractions downtown. The rooms have great views of a lovely little garden with shared balcony (but each room has its own area with ceiling fan and rocking chairs). Some people might find the furnishings in the rooms a little bit old or worn, but our bed was so comfortable. The rooms have a full kitchen and even have a washer/dryer, which really helped us because the airline had lost our luggage and we really needed it. We came with no reservation and the friendly desk attendant dropped the weekly rate because they were not full. Every desk attendant I encountered (3) was super-polite and helpful. We stayed in the Cinema building, but also looked at a room in another building that was equally as nice--I just liked the view better. There are steps only, which was no issue for us. There is a luggage elevator, so you don't have to tote your stuff up if you don't want to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is located in historic, downtown Wilmington surrounded by beautifully restored 19th-century homes and tree-lined neighborhoods, the meticulously renovated Wilmingtonian Inn extends an invitation to unwind, relax, and absorb the romantic ambiance of Cape Fear Country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your The Wilmingtonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wilmingtonian Hotel Wilmington
- Wilmingtonian Hotel Wilmington