We stayed at the Wilmingtonian for friend's desitnation wedding. While it wasn't on the list of hotels with blocked rooms, the rates were actually better than those affiliated with the wedding. Other friends were staying in neighboring hotels and we by far had the best value. The hotel was located within easy walking distance of all the wedding events, as well as the riverfront, water taxi and some great resturants and bars.
The rooms are all very quaint suites that embrace the city's waterfront heritage. The crabtrap coffee table was very cool. A kitchenette was great for having friends over for drinks before and after wedding events.
This place is run by laid-back locals, who take pride in their jobs and love the city. While the lobby and its continental breakfast are very simple, we were never left wanting more. As an added bonus the hotel is very dog friendly (which didn't apply to us on this trip) but if I ever come back, staying here will be a no-brainer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is located in historic, downtown Wilmington surrounded by beautifully restored 19th-century homes and tree-lined neighborhoods, the meticulously renovated Wilmingtonian Inn extends an invitation to unwind, relax, and absorb the romantic ambiance of Cape Fear Country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your The Wilmingtonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wilmingtonian Hotel Wilmington
- Wilmingtonian Hotel Wilmington