I was looking for a romantic place to stay before my bf deployed to Iraq. Last time we were in Wilmington, we stayed at The Clarendon Inn which is right next door to The Wilmingtonian so we decided to try it. I knew the Cinema House would have different themes but it's hard to feel romantic in a suite that has Charlie Chaplin pictures everywhere. I wish I had been warned. There is a good amount of room but the furniture is dated and the place seems family oriented. Not exactly what I was expecting for $185. I would say splurge and stay at the De Rosset house--we certainly will when he gets back. The main perk, and only reason worth staying here in my opinion, is that you have the option at eating at the private dining club restaurant in the De Rosset mansion which is superb!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is located in historic, downtown Wilmington surrounded by beautifully restored 19th-century homes and tree-lined neighborhoods, the meticulously renovated Wilmingtonian Inn extends an invitation to unwind, relax, and absorb the romantic ambiance of Cape Fear Country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your The Wilmingtonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wilmingtonian Hotel Wilmington
- Wilmingtonian Hotel Wilmington