“We enjoyed our stay. Will return in future trips..Staff was...”
Review of Red Carpet Inn

Red Carpet Inn
Red Carpet Inn
Ranked #39 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 April 2013

While this is not the most horrible place I have stayed it came quite close. I booked through travelocity and got the room for $47 though their secret deals.(My one and only time I will do secret deal). Luckily I didn't see any bugs, but the sliding lock was broken and the deadbolt didnt hold the door tight. Had it been summer, I'm sure I would have had mosquitos in the room. My room was however covered in paint! Yep paint on the floor on the desk chair...with the amount of paint in this room I'm surprised they got any on the walls. This motel is on a major thoroughfare and in the direct path of the landing strip of the airport so definately not a place you would want to stay if you wanted some quiet. Also, this seems to be party central. Several rooms went quite late and I had to call the front desk. Taxi's come and go from here at all hours of the night as well. There are visible signs around the property that tell all that they are under surveillance for criminal activity. Really? That makes me feel better NOT. Overall I made it through the night on a budget but hope I never end up here again.

Room Tip: Do not choose 125 its got ripped rugs and paint everywhere
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank twstorm
Valued Customer,

I have just read your review and am certain that we had a few issues when you stayed with us last. We are paying close attention to our customer reviews and are in the middle of some major changes to not only our service and m,aintenance but quality as well. The security cameras are a form of survailence that pretty much every hotel has to make any persons intending mischief wary. I also know that when trying to sleep a taxi door in the middle of the night is disturbing but everyone has their own schedule. I hope that with the current changes being made to our establishment you will be able to give us another chance to provide a better experience.

North Carolina
Reviewed 18 August 2012

This place is truly horrible. The other reviews are spot on. Upon walking in, I noticed toilet paper shoved in the peep-hole of the door, the door did not shut properly, the lock was 1/2 broken off, there were burn stains on the curtains and who knows what kind of black stains all over the sheets. There were wet wash cloths left in the shower from previous tenants. Definitely a few shady-looking people lingering around. But all of that was nothing compared to the BUGS! We woke up at 3am COVERED in tiny, hopping, biting bugs. Then, my husband went to the bathroom and had to kill 4 roaches as soon as he turned on the light. Promptly the next morning, I requested a refund. When the front desk called the manager, he literally said, "We have ANOTHER complaint of bugs in the room." They clearly know they have a problem. Luckily, they gave a full refund with no hassle. The front desk people were the only decent thing about this place.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HCRCDR
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I will make this simple because after I report this to the HD they may close anyway! I stayed about 1 1/2 weeks ago and I'm still covered in bed bug bites. I actually saw one on the hotel bed (conveniently the morning of checkout.) I informed the mgr and he just simply said I will put your refund through. No questions asked and definitely no concern! (Made me think he knew already) And when leaving was asked by a strange man where to buy crack! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank pointblankhonesty
Valued Customer,

Although we cannot control the masses I can assure you if you had report the man you describe to us we would have contacted the authorities immediately. Also we have a company regularly spray for pests and have made several changes to our establishment in the past year. I hope that you will allow yourself to return and see the improvements we have made to our service and rooms.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Not a great hotel but no roaches. It looked like they had done some improvements. The mattresses in our room looked new and the room was basically clean. There weren't a lot of people there and it was fairly quiet. This made for a better nights sleep as compared to other hotels we stayed at that were more heavily booked. The location was close to fast food restaurants and provided easy access to the places we wanted to go.

This isn't a great hotel but it 's adequate.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Valued Customer,

I thank you for your time in submiting a review of your stay with us at Travelodge. We are following up on our customer reviews and are looking to improve our quality and service to provide a more positive experience to all of our patrons. I invite you to come see our progress and hope that your next stay with us will be a more pleasant experience.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Filthy. Walk in, ignored at check-in. Door to our room didn't shut properly, Shady people loitering outside our room, dirty underwear found on the floor, cigarette burns in the bed, mold, dirt, NO TOILET PAPER OR AMENITIES, Water doesn't drain in the shower. We were going to the beach and it was the only place in our budget. Get home to find they had charged us for late check out and missing goods! ALMOST FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS IN FALSE CHARGES!!! We are disputing with the bank but the manager Sanjeev hung up on us several times when we called to get answers for the charges. DON'T EVER EVVEEEEEERRR STAY HERE. ALL THAT IS HOLY DON'T DO IT! DON'T! We should have turned around and left. It's a huge scam. They told us we stole towels and checked out late and we had done neither. My fiancé and I are stranded on our trip because of THIS AWFUL HOTEL.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Dirtythonginourhotel
Valued Customer,

I can only express my appologies for the experience you are describing about your stay at Travelodge. I am sure there was some sort of misunderstanding about the issues you have commented about and hope that all was resolved in a possitive manner. We have made vast improvements not only to our service but quality as well in the last year. I invite you to come and see the changes we have made to our guest experience and hope that you give us another chance. Again I apreciate your time in submiting a review and wish you the best in your future stays.

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We went and stayed 1 night- in the morning we paid cash for a 2nd night- went and ate breakfast- was gone for about 1 hour- Came back and our room had been cleaned out!! went to the office, the guy stated we did not pay for a 2nd night- we assured him we did-we actually paid him- then he said yeah you did, but I assure you no ones been in your room- we found the house keeper and all our stuff had been moved to a storgae closet- Thank God the housekeeper was a good and honest person- I think he hoped we were going to be gone until that night when there would be different people working that did not recognize us so he could keep the money and our stuff!! Was told by all locals we met _DO NOT STAY UNLESS YOU ARE INTO DRUGS AND PROSTITUTES !!! VERY UNSAFE PLACE TO STAY!! (from the locals we met all around area.Thank God for the local police also..they are fair and very helpful.
We heard of numerous other instances of this place --to bad we didn't hear them BEFORE we checked in.

Room Tip: Best places to stay- Any hotel that is not on Market Street-
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sunshine8673
Valued Customer,

I am happy to hear that our staff was honest enough to set your stuff asside and was probably miscommunication between office and housekeeping. We have made vast improvements to both our service and security. I assure you that we do not condone the use of illigal substances or any other illegal activities. I invite you to come and see the changes made to our establishment and to our customers experiences here at Travelodge and hope it is a pleasant experience.