“2 visits in 2 years”

Ranked #7 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“2 visits in 2 years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

I have been to Wilmington 4 times. Looking for a decent hotel as an upgrade from the one we stayed at the first 2 years, I got an amazing deal on a 5 night stay at this hotel in 2010 and fell in love with the whole hotel!
- On Market Street - Close to restaurants, shopping - 10/15 mins from downtown
- Well kept exterior and interior
- Friendly and helpful staff - gave recommendations when we asked, called to verify that we ordered a pizza before allowing the delivery man to show up at our room, always smiled and said hello when we came in and out of the hotel
- Quick check in (allowed before the 3pm check in time as I booked ahead - very happy with this!)
- Clean rooms - spacious - comfortable beds
- Enjoyed having the mini fridge and area to keep our food instead of all over the desk area
- Large bathroom big enough for two girls to get ready in the morning!
- Great jacuzzi to unwind after a day of sightseeing
- Felt safe and secure knowing there were security cameras all around and that the doors were locked at midnight (enter later by showing room key and ID)

I can't say enough good things about this property! I stayed only 1 night in 2011 compared to the 5 nights in 2010 but it was just as pleasant. I plan on visiting Wilmington frequently in the coming years and Wingate by Wyndham will always be my hotel of choice!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Samantha M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
High Point, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

We were planning some activites at the beach and not sure if this was close enough but so glad we did!

The staff were just the best and the location for the beach and downtown Wilmington was just what we needed.

We stayed using points and sometimes you get an attitude when using points but not here, they were just so welcoming when we arrived and great during the whole stay and the rooms and whole property were so well taken care of.

We will be staying here again!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank davehicks
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

Being a Starwood Employee I have high expectations of Hotels. This place was great... The woman that checked us in was very curteous and helpful. My brother had barely finished asking how to get somewhere before she picked up the phone and got directions for us. What stellar service!! We were able to check in early and went right to the hot tub. The area was clean and well stocked with towels. I like my hot tubs super hot (hotter than they are supposed to be, this one was perfectly fine for other people as it was) so we asked the kind lady at the desk to see if we could have it turned up some. The engineer was there so quickly, I was astonished. Beds were comfortable and the room was quiet. We didn't spend too much time at the hotel itself because we were there to see friends. We used way more towels than a regular guest because we went to the hot tub first, then to the ocean but the staff was very accommodating. The guest appreciation reception was cool, I do not drink alcolhol so I got a couple sodas. The gentleman that was working the audit shift (overnight) was awesome (I think his name was Chris?). Very friendly and quick. All and all it was a very nice stay and next I visit Wilmington, I will be staying here.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Durham, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights in late May 2012. The beds were super comfortable. Rooms were clean and smelled fresh. Super friendly reception. This hotel has a managers reception thru Thursday, the young girl hosting seemed inexperienced and aloof but did her job well.
Location was perfect for business stay. I will definately recommend!

• Stayed May 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Another guest, with luggage, and small child in tow, entered my room after I was asleep, using a key, obviously programmed by the front desk. When I confronted the person at the front desk, only a few hours later, instead of apologizing, they denied they gave someone else a key to my room. So, I waited till the next moring to talk to the manager. After talking to the manager she also denied that anyone had entered my room and made some type of absurd insinuation that I must have made a mistake and, thought someone entered my room. It was the most ridiculous conversation I had ever had with a person who is supposed to be working in a customer service job. Instead of just saying, they were sorry and made a mistake, they attempted to make me feel like I was dreaming or hallucinating and thought that someone entered my room. Not only will I never stay at the Wingate in Wilmington, NC. I will never stay at another Wingate becaue of the manager. It was crazy. My wife and I left just shaking our heads at how crazy the conversation wtih the manager was. And by the way, I have a CCW permit and could have possibly killed the person, thinking they were an intruder. It is a very dangerous situation.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Peter M
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

For a budget hotel, rooms are clean, roomy and comfortable. Staff is kind, and professional. Even happy hour is okay, but the breakfast is great. Lots of choices! Free wifi.100% smoke free which is a plus. I might be tempted to stay here even if I wasn't working!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank HMSchneider
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

We were very please with our stay here! The breakfast was great! The hotel was very clean and so quiet. Glad we staye here and we will return!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family