“"Great Place for the value"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #35 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Buffalo, New York
“"Great Place for the value"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

Me and my Fiance stayed here weekend of july 27 and 28.Room was big ,Bed was comfortable and fresh linens ...They had enough towels for us in the room ..Breakfast was more then enough for the price of the room ... really enjoyed this hotel.Beach was only 10 munites and downtown was 5 minutes drive..Staff were so cool and Nice ..All the negative reviews himmm something wrong here!! I will defiantly stay at his hotel again..

Room Tip: stay in the rooms by the pool!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fnewt0n

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
greensburg
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

Run don't walk to another hotel. Falling down, dirty, pool was green and slimy. The manager was rude and nasty. Thank you God that i got my room through hotel.com they got my money back, the manager refused to refund even when my grandson almost fell from the second floor where there was no staircase and the missing steps were not marked.

1 Thank deblh1
Teaneck, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

Rooms are Ok. But you get for what you have paid. Reasonable price!!! Good Breakfast. I would recommend if you are looking for budget options. Location is convenient- right near the down town and beach.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Paula J
Fayetteville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

OMG, worst hotel to stay in!!! I was lying on bed while my son in law was in front of television speaking to me, i was on bed checking sheets, the maid just walked right into the room (she didnt speak english) and said, oh, i use phone. Went to phone and used. I went to front desk, complained the sheets had stains on them, took them 30 mins to change the sheets. They ran out of reg towels for two days, had to use pool towels, also brought this to the attention to the front desk.

I paid 189.00 (this includes tax) for two nights. Had people banging on my door at 7 am in the morning and woke me up. Also, told front desk, i didnt want my room entered, and they entered my room anyway, saw them from pool, ran over there and told them NO.

Too much money for all the issues i went through staying there, i felt like i was in some kind of hotel dive that allowed idiots and drug dealers to occupy as long as they could pay.

2 Thank paralegal48
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

Econolodge is located close to town and a short trip away from the beach. The rooms have everything you need i ! The grounds are immaculate and the pool is really refreshing. Breakfast is delicious . But the thing that amazed us the most was the owners. They went our of their way to make your stay the best. They take great pride in their place and it is reflected everywhere you look! We would definitely recommend Econolodge when you are visiting Wilmington!

2 Thank FatmaAKIM
Martinsburg, West Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

I have never stayed in such an appalling place in my life. Simple words can not describe the filth in our room, well actually two rooms...for the first one the stench was so bad the maid moved us herself! Without any exaggeration this room had not been thoroughly cleaned in years, layers upon layers of dirt and grime, debris laying under the bed, and behind the nightstand. The microwave had food dried on the inside, when you touched the A/C unit the panel fell off, the clear plastic shield over the fluorescent light fixture was broken with huge pieces missing at both ends, both the wall and the bathroom door had gaping holes where obviously someone had put their fist through it. The boxspring cover was stained, yellowed and had layers of dust on it, a dead fly was smashed on the toilet lid, and what looked to be dried feces was on the toilet base, the tissue box cover was filthy as were the light switches. There was only one light bulb in the room, I guess they are upon request. Whom ever wrote those flowery reviews obviously works there or didn't stay there. And by the way, since it was so late
I slept in the back seat of my car for nothing could lay me down to sleep in that disgusting room.

Room Tip: Yes, go somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

We stayed here in late May 2012. The price was right, but this is a case where you get what you pay for. The room was not thoroughly cleaned and when I reached behind the nightstand to pick up something, I came up with dust and some things I could not identify. There were stains on the underside of the bedspread and stains on the shower curtain that made us uncomfortable. In addition, we had to move our car because there was a pile of needles on the ground next to it. The woman at the desk was nice and said she would arrange to have the needles picked up, but they remained for the 2 nights we were there. We would have left if we had been able to get our money back. The company has been unresponsive to our concerns, so we will never stay at an Econolodge again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple