“Horrible”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #36 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I stayed here on 7/18/2013 and did not get 1 hour of sleep even because of loud screaming (man and woman) loud sexual noises, obnoxiously loud conversations all night long. The night manager said I must be wrong and wanted to move me rooms at 4:30 AM!!! I have to be up for a big test early in the morning on no sleep! Thank you econo lodge for not taking care of the customer!

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Jme08

Reviewed 18 July 2013

I have been staying at this location for the past 4 years, mostly for business in the Wilmington area. Since the Econo Lodge took over this operation over a year ago, the rooms have been upgraded, and the overall professional feel of the entire complex is exactly what a business traveler needs. Strong internet wifi throughout the complex, and free breakfast each morning. The front desk staff Ester and Loytannia are always helpful and courteous. They recognize me from my many visits, and have assisted me with special requests such as extended check out time.. or information about potential clients in the area. The rooms are always clean, and the refrigerator and microwave make is easy to reduce expenses, by keeping some food items in the room for extended visits. I always stay at the Econo Lodge when I am in Wilmington. I have recommended this location to other business associates.

Room Tip: The Econo Lodge itself is well off the main Market Street area. Noise from passing cars is not an i...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard J
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

If there is any 5-star review here then this is a fake. This place is the worst ever.
1. On arrival the receptionist told us the rate is $69- which was the rate advertised in Tripadvisor. When the manager saw us he changed the rate to $89. With taxes we ended up paying more than $100
2. The "outstanding " breakfast consists of watered down coffee, artificial creamer, some dry bread and there was a pancake maker. Everything else is decoration (plastic fruits)
3. The rooms are ok for $50, but for $100 you can stay in the Holiday Inn across the street that is pure luxury compared with the run-down rooms you get in the Econolodge.

On the upside : the staff was friendly.

My conclusion : for $50 And without the manager lying about the rate I would stay there. But at the rate we paid I'd go elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Chrischris22222
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My family and I stayed at Econo Lodge for fourth of July week, it was a great experience. the housekeepers were extremely nice and the front desk clerks were very helpful understanding to all situations. The breakfast was the thing my children loved. the waffle maker, juice, fresh coffee, biscuits were all extremely good. We were all respected by all staff members and by then end of the week we truly felt like a part of the family.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank NelsonPedraza
Reviewed 6 July 2013

My family and I stayed overnight, had breakfast the next morning, staff members were at hand if anyone needed any help, made sure food was plentiful, assisted quickly customers with waffle maker, made coffee, emptied trash in a prompt manner, really appreciate their service, this is the best service i have experienced in a long time.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank nakisha w
Reviewed 26 June 2013

price was right. all needs met. bed very comfortalble. room nice and clean. staff very friendly and provided excellent service. good location to both downtown and beach. breakfast was super. stayed june 22 in room 137. would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dawn m
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I had a wonderful time here. I just stayed one night as I was driving through during a road trip, but it was a great hotel and GREAT staff. Very friendly, very clean, and very quite. It is in a great location with a lot of food around it. I would highly recommend this hotel if you need a very nice and cheap in price place to stay for a night or more.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business