“Worst hotel I've ever stayed in!!!!”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #34 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
“Worst hotel I've ever stayed in!!!!”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

It was the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in. There were ciggarettes on the floor and in the morning when it was light out we found a used CONDOM on the headboard!!!! The General Manager accused us of putting it there for a free room!!! REALLY?? If anyone is going to do that they would probably pick a nicer hotel!!!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Jenny H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This one is one of the best low-priced local motels on Market Street in Wilmington. I was surprised there was a pool there. The place looks familiar and may have been the old Holiday Inn. The room was clean and beds were comfy. No rips in carpet. No shredded wood on bathroom door, plenty of towels(thick not threadbare) and soap, shampoo, nice bed bathtub. Shower had hot water at all times. No street noise (room towards back of motel on the side) was heard in the room. We were close to everything - fast food, Sonic, shopping center, banks, convenient store, discount stores. We will book at the motel again. I think even pets are allowed with a pet fee (we had no pet). We had a new rental truck full of boxes in back overnight with a canvas covering them up. They were not disturbed. There was no loud arguing in the parking lot like another similar motel on Market Street we had stayed in before. The price was almost HALF what the big motels were charging in July 2013. I would recommend anyone to this motel. The free coffee in the lobby was very good the next morning. There is a waffle-maker there, also!

Room Tip: I have no idea what the other rooms looked like on the left side, but 2 other persons renting on the...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank BusyAdministrator
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We had plan a All girl Night Out for one night, We had booked our rooms prior to arrival. Wanting a adjoin room to fit six females. Checked in to find out that our room wasn't accurate so we settle for two rooms besides each other still upset abt not getting what was promised. We wanted to call the 1-800 number to make an complaint, Housekeeper supervisor had appeared to be honest and showed that she understood us. This hotel professionalism is totally Out The Door, Staff cursed, yelled, back-talked each other in front of us, Hotel Manager wife came to our room and told us that the room was not cleaned and sprayed air freshener right in front us rudely opened another room to show us what a clean room should look like. They did moved us into a adjoining room where sheets were stained. After 2 hours past the owner approached us while unlocking attempting to unlock the room door, finding out they changed our locks preventing us to get in, asked if everything ok, He pushed to let us know that he has the right as the owner to call 911 due to he felt threaten that we was unsatisfied and making a complaint. 911 was called and the staff who's we thought was honest turned from the truth agreed that we had threaten the manager so we was kicked out of the hotel. Never again will visit this hotel due to their dishonest ways. I was so glad that we were decent ladies who wanted to just have fun that we kept our cool and moved on without no nonsense.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank tracie w
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My stay was great. I was able to sleep peacefully. Despite being on a main street, I never heard the traffic. It's located close to restaurants, shops & only minutes from the beach. This is the added bonus along with the fact that it didn't break my wallet. All in all a wonderful establishment, I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed 7 August 2013

No water for over 2 hrs, carpet was soaking wet, door lock was broken, got bitten by bedbugs, fridge in poor condition and dead roaches on the floor. This place should have an hourly rate from what we saw hanging out there. Checked out a day early without a refund to keep from crying! The advertised buffet breakfast was continental style.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sheri B
Charlotte
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Took a short (impromptu) weekend (beach) trip in early August, 2013. Got a room with a king bed - the bed was very comfortable. The fridge and microwave were pleasant surprises. Nice size TV. As regards bang for the buck, my stay was very positive. A short drive or bike ride to the beach, numerous eating establishments within walking distance and a short drive to the riverfront downtown. The breakfast was standard issue, but for the money, imminently OK.

The swimming pool was well maintained and enjoyed.

Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Hickory
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Upon arrival I was nervous due to the hotel looking a bit older than I am use to. However, to my surprise the customer service was great, breakfast was nice and the beds were perfect. I was so comfortable and if I needed anything the manager Jolly was there to meet our needs. When I come back to Wilmington I will be returning to this motel. If you are a traveler and are looking for a cheaper hotel, but want quality service then this hotel is for you.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Christopher M
elwilm, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Thank you for taking time to write about your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast and enjoyed our bed. I will share your comment with rest of my staff and we look forward to having you again soon.