“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #36 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I had a great experience at this hotel. I hadn't been back to Wilmington in years. Due to all of the changes, I had trouble finding the hotel. I call the front desk to obtain some landmarks to help guide me, but instead, the clerk stayed on the phone with me the entire time, until I arrived. The rooms where very clean and smelled fresh. Check in and check was very fast. Upon leaving, the manager of the hotel, (Jolly) spoke with and I thought that was the best costumer service that I had experienced in year. Everyone was really personable and kind. When I return to Wilmington in the future, that'll be the only hotel I stay in.

Room Tip: Consider the Econo loge due to is quality and great prices.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Dwon W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
eugene or
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Location is good, rooms were clean, quiet and reasonably priced. Managers were especially helpful and nice. The manager went out of her way to bring my husband a chair since we were there for several days and our room did not have one. Definitely will stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank eugencandles
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We asked and assumed we payed to have a room with double beds but when we entered our room we were surprised to find only one bed, chairs no table and our air condition was leaking and shooting out water. Our bed sheets had wholes and burns in them as our bed spread did also. We asked for more sheets and they were not much better. We asked for a refund but was told that she the manager on duty was not able to do so at the time and that we would have to wait until the morning to see the manager during the day. Through out the evening and night we had to constantly turn the air on and off to keep from passing out because it was so hot in there and to keep from falling because there was a tremendous amount of water on the floor from the leaking air condition. We were told we would receive a refund but have seen nothing yet I don't recommend anyone staying here EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2013

It was the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in. There were ciggarettes on the floor and in the morning when it was light out we found a used CONDOM on the headboard!!!! The General Manager accused us of putting it there for a free room!!! REALLY?? If anyone is going to do that they would probably pick a nicer hotel!!!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Jenny H
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This one is one of the best low-priced local motels on Market Street in Wilmington. I was surprised there was a pool there. The place looks familiar and may have been the old Holiday Inn. The room was clean and beds were comfy. No rips in carpet. No shredded wood on bathroom door, plenty of towels(thick not threadbare) and soap, shampoo, nice bed bathtub. Shower had hot water at all times. No street noise (room towards back of motel on the side) was heard in the room. We were close to everything - fast food, Sonic, shopping center, banks, convenient store, discount stores. We will book at the motel again. I think even pets are allowed with a pet fee (we had no pet). We had a new rental truck full of boxes in back overnight with a canvas covering them up. They were not disturbed. There was no loud arguing in the parking lot like another similar motel on Market Street we had stayed in before. The price was almost HALF what the big motels were charging in July 2013. I would recommend anyone to this motel. The free coffee in the lobby was very good the next morning. There is a waffle-maker there, also!

Room Tip: I have no idea what the other rooms looked like on the left side, but 2 other persons renting on the...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank BusyAdministrator
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We had plan a All girl Night Out for one night, We had booked our rooms prior to arrival. Wanting a adjoin room to fit six females. Checked in to find out that our room wasn't accurate so we settle for two rooms besides each other still upset abt not getting what was promised. We wanted to call the 1-800 number to make an complaint, Housekeeper supervisor had appeared to be honest and showed that she understood us. This hotel professionalism is totally Out The Door, Staff cursed, yelled, back-talked each other in front of us, Hotel Manager wife came to our room and told us that the room was not cleaned and sprayed air freshener right in front us rudely opened another room to show us what a clean room should look like. They did moved us into a adjoining room where sheets were stained. After 2 hours past the owner approached us while unlocking attempting to unlock the room door, finding out they changed our locks preventing us to get in, asked if everything ok, He pushed to let us know that he has the right as the owner to call 911 due to he felt threaten that we was unsatisfied and making a complaint. 911 was called and the staff who's we thought was honest turned from the truth agreed that we had threaten the manager so we was kicked out of the hotel. Never again will visit this hotel due to their dishonest ways. I was so glad that we were decent ladies who wanted to just have fun that we kept our cool and moved on without no nonsense.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank tracie w
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My stay was great. I was able to sleep peacefully. Despite being on a main street, I never heard the traffic. It's located close to restaurants, shops & only minutes from the beach. This is the added bonus along with the fact that it didn't break my wallet. All in all a wonderful establishment, I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo