“Great meal!”
Review of Manna

Manna
Ranked #32 of 673 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hillsborough, North Carolina
“Great meal!”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I don't write a lot of reviews but my dinner last evening was worth writing about. My friend from Wilmington took me to Manna since I was in town overnight for work. My dinner was wonderful. We had the cheese and charcuterie plate, a beet salad and I had the tuna and she had the scallops. Our server was also so nice and helpful!

• Visited March 2014

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
“the best restaurant in wilmington”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

By far, the absolute best restaurant in wilmington. The food, service and bar experience in wilmington. Hand crafted cocktails will keep us coming back. The filet is much better than you'd find at a fine steak house but if they are offering them, also try the duck or scallops.
Although there are some stables on the menu, preperation and side items change as the market changes and with season. Also one o the best steak taretares I've had.
I've eaten there numerous times, at least 15 times and i've never been disappointed!

• Visited February 2014
Kerikeri, New Zealand
“UnderWhelmed”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Staff sets the tone for a restaurant. We have dined at fine establishments all over the world and they don't get more pretentious then at MANNA. Food is not inspired just an attempted execution of recent food trends. Not 'bad' just lacking refinement in preparation. The food tastes ok but is 'clunky'.

Wilmington needs fine dining, especially downtown. MANNA has been around several years and I stop in a couple of times a year hoping they will improve but instead they seem stuck in a rut of being 'good enough'. While the staff continues to think they are the hippest foodie restaurant in town and customers should be grateful to be waited on by them.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank MPPKIWI1
“Very good, but a few small misses....”
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Let me start with the meals were very, very good. We had a pork dish and a Black Sea Bass plate. Both were perfectly prepared and nicely presented. I just had Black Sea Bass at a DC restaurant and frankly this portion was smaller by about a third for the same cost. Not a big deal, but noticeable. The pork on the other hand was a very generous portion. Well then why four stars. Frankly a few little things were not as good as they should be. The coffee was very good, however, why milk for the coffee and not cream. I had a Limoncello, it was hardly chilled, it should have been in the Freezer before serving.

The bread was very good with a home made butter to complement it. We enjoyed the pork appetizer, a little small to split.

I would return for a special occasion, but, I really was hoping to be wowed!! Sorry to be picky, but maybe a few minor changes would help.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Ronald H
north carolina
“One of Wilmington's finest”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Had an early pre-show dinner. The atmosphere, food and service was superb. so glad Wilmington is supportive of such fine dining.

• Visited January 2014