“Fab”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fab”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Not only was the whole experience just wonderful, but Paul could not have been nicer or more accommodating. If we lived closer we would be regulars.

1 Thank Jack R

CB NC
“Mixologist Ian is the man”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Just sit and the bar and man crush all over Ian the bartender stud. The Manhattan Project drink ....best I've ever seen and tasted. Every where I go I request one and none have come close to the amazing manna concoction.

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Service takes this restaurant down!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I took my friends here and the service was push, push and Paul never quit. This is suppose to be a high end restaurant not whip you in and out. We asked him to give us time but he had his own agenda plus the restaurant was not even busy. As others have said the music was way to loud and we asked for it to be lowered and he said sure and he never did. The food was very good so I decided to call the owner and express my concerns and he would only validate that that was his best server and that he had a PhD well what what was he doing serving it certainly wasn't his calling. He never listened to anything I said just said it was my issue. well I told him to ask the others I brought. Believe me it's business and he'll never make it with his ego.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank smsAustin
Beaver Dam, WI
“A very good choice”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The outside of the restaurant may be a bit off putting but that shouldn’t deter a visit to Manna. 5 of us enjoyed a very good meal on April 24th. Robin was our hostess and server. She was knowledgeable about the menu and paced the meal well.

Cocktails were excellent. We started with a cheese and charcuterie course and with bread and butter. The appetizer was sufficient for all of us with the bleu cheese and salami getting the highest ratings.

The lamb loin was deemed to be the best of the entrées. Served medium rare as ordered on a bed of nicely sautéed veggies it deserved its rating. Other entrées included the pork chop, scallops and fish of the day, grouper. All were well prepared and presented. Desserts were good but a bit much after such a good, rich dinner.

About the only criticism I have is the plastic chairs. While the color fit the scheme well I think a restaurant trying to be (and for the most part succeeding at) being upscale should provide a different seating option. The “cutesy” menu wording, on the other hand, kept the overall impact of the restaurant from being too stiff. We would return.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank BDtraveler
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Manna from Heaven”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

When my husband asked me where I wanted to celebrate our anniversary, I didn't hesitate...."Manna", I said. On the special night, we arrived prior to our reservation so that we could sit at the bar for a while with a glass of champagne and watch the Manna bartenders, who are world class, do their good work. Finally, we were seated at a table in the front window, giving us some intimacy and a lovely view of dusk settling over downtown Wilmington. It was difficult (as always) making a decision on menu items because they all sound so yummy, but our waiter was patient and very helpful. He then skillfully guided us through the choice of wines appropriate for our chosen entrees. Our salad arrived first with its Manchego cheese and cider vinaigrette, perfectly dressed. We enjoyed it at our leisure, no rushing here. Hubby's diver scallops were perfectly seared, tender and juicy with some roasted vegetables and a grilled leek vinaigrette. My roasted lamb loin came rare, the way I like it, with more roasted vegetables (OK, I admit to being a little over the wintery vegetable themes) and just the right amount of heat in the chili pecan sauce. The glasses of wine our waiter helped us choose went perfectly with our food.

Since we didn't indulge in an appetizer, we had room for dessert. Being a chocoholic, I went straight for their chocolate offering. I'm having as much difficulty describing the dessert as the waiter had...a disc of dark chocolate more dense than mousse, with dots of homemade marshmallow. What stopped me was the "lime ice cream" served with it, I just couldn't get my taste buds around that. The waiter assured us that the combo was very good, and I finally decided I had to trust the chef, and ordered it....along with a paired glass of red wine.

It all added up to a memorable evening and we congratulated ourselves on our choice of venues.

• Visited April 2014